Spam account on Community

Janiashvili
Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

Greetings,

Can you block one particular spam account? On the other hand I have idea to give this community right to report users.

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Don't know, but you can click the username and then choose to ignore the user, but I'm not sure how that works. I was going to test it myself but now I can't find the spam posts from yesterday anymore.

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer
    They have been deleted!

I did press that, but his posts still were showing in my "new posts" list... Anyway
  • NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Yes, same for me.

If anybody knows how the ignore user function works, please inform us.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Hi! Thanks for reporting this here; we noticed and banned the spam account, and trashed the messages, as soon as we came across them.

It's a good idea to allow Community members to report users, but I would assume that our moderators and exports would notice the spam around the same time as they would notice the report messages.

We're working on a way to identify these accounts automatically, and hopefully that prevents situations like this in the future.

I'll get back to you about "Ignore User," as it might not be working properly based on your comments... but hopefully we'll eliminate having users that need to be ignored, though!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Dear All,

thank you for identifying the problematic account, Kudos!

Ignoring a user in the system will only prevent you from receiving private messages from that specific user. However, you will still be able to see posts by the ignored user on the forums.

We're looking into improving our anti-spam filters in the nearest future.

This discussion has been closed.