F-Secure on Samsung Galaxy Tab2

I would like to know how to put F-Secure on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 The installation instructions only mentions a mobile phone

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

What Android version? There seem to be problems with Android version 4.2.2:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/installing-f-secure-on-samsung/m-p/34831

Installation instructions, are you a Virgin Media customer?

• amar
    amar Posts: 4

Not able to Uninstall F-Secure MObile Security from my Samsung Tab II

I have installed a trial pack of F-Secure MObile Security. As the subscription got over and i would liketo uninstall the application from my Samsung Galaxy Tab II . I have   opened settings and security and device administrators. but F secure asking password which i did not set and i do not know also. please solution?????.... android 2.1.2

A Rama Mohan Reddy

xxx@xxx.com

EDIT: Remove Personal Identification Information

• Hi, I've downloaded the 30 day trial app from the website on my tab 2 but I'm unsure how to obtain a subscription key as you have said it only applies to mobile no's. I've tried the support links but the subscription key on my laptop is different to one being asked for on the tab 2 (different code and format) so does anyone know how to get it if?

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Hi, where did you download the trial from?  If it was the Play store, is there not a full version you need to purchase, or have you come from Virgin Media?

Further, I'm not sure if this is still ongoing, but there were issues with activiting the product on the Galaxy Tab 2:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/installing-f-secure-on-samsung/m-p/34831

• NikK

@NicDarren wrote:

Hi, I've downloaded the 30 day trial app from the website on my tab 2 but I'm unsure how to obtain a subscription key as you have said it only applies to mobile no's. I've tried the support links but the subscription key on my laptop is different to one being asked for on the tab 2 (different code and format) so does anyone know how to get it if?

Try this: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/mobile-security#trial 

On that page it says: "Once you have registered, you will receive an E-mail including the download link"

I haven't tried that myself but I assume either:

- you'll receive a trial subscription key in that e-mail

- or you'll recieve a "special" download link that doesn't require a subscription key.

• amar
    amar Posts: 4

Hi,

I've set the parental control for children on my f-secure mobilesecurity. When i tried to set it off or to change a setting in my phone, f-secure asked me a security password wich I have no idea what it is. Please help me to get my f-secure without parental control or tell me where can I find this security password.

• NikK

If you've forgotten the security code you can reset it by sending a SMS from the trusted number, instructions here:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/f-secure-mobile-password/m-p/11373

As mentioned in the above link, if that doesn't help you need to contact support because resetting security codes cannot be done in Community. If you've forgotten it, it needs to be reset so you can set a new security code.

You can contact support in any of these ways:

• Hi further to my earlier note the version I have on my pc is courtesy of virgin media and as I stated I'm only able to download the trial version but I should be able to get free versions. Any ideas?

• Simon
    If you're coming from Virgin Media Security to F-Secure SAFE, I think you need to get it via your VM account, which should give you a subscription and download links for up to five devices. You need to remove VMS from each device before installing F-Secure. I can't very easily do links as I'm on my phone but you'll find all the info in the sticky topics at the top of this board.
  • nitwit
    nitwit Posts: 1 New Member

how can i put f-secure on this laptop

• Simon
    Please clarify. Are you referring to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, or a conventional laptop with Windows or Mac, and what product are you trying to install? We can't help without more information.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info