Hi and how from F-Secure Safe to Virgin Media customers

We are excited to welcome Virgin Media customers to F-Secure Safe.

We have prepared a little video for you, introducing our service and guiding you through the installation of F-Secure Internet Security to protect your PC.

If you need more information, check out our FAQs for F-Secure Safe here.

Need advice? Feel free to post your question to our Community.

Your F-Secure Team

Blackcat

Best Answers

• peterhwpeterhw Posts: 2
    Accepted Answer

I am a Virgin user and been advised to install F Secure.

I followed the various links - downloaded the F Secure 

I then ran the setup application

I was advised that the system would remove Virgin software

Then told it was unable to remove Virgin software and I should remove manually (it is apparently removed and no longer shows on the 'list of installed programs'

I removed manually and tried again and get the same messages - i.e.. Virgin software is present, can't remove, I should remove manually

I now see that I still have a directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Virgin Media\Virgin Media Security\10.0.41.60198\ with loads of files.

How do I resolve this situation?

• SimonSimon Posts: 2,586
    Accepted Answer

Try running the VMS uninstaller to fully remove VMS, then the F-Secure installation should work:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Internet-security/Virgin-Media-Security-10-FAQ/td-p/910393

• AndyYAndyY Posts: 41
    Accepted Answer

Dear grahame,

The issue that you are facing is probably due to typo error while registering. I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket for us to check on your account:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Once you have open a SRID kindly update me so that I can help to solve your issue.

Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Yoon

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.