uninstalltool version 3.0 did not remove logs and quarantines directory

Rusli
Rusli Posts: 1,012 Influencer

Hi,

I did a test with the uninstalltool with the current F-Secure Internet Security 2014, and come to find out that the C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\Logs and C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\Quarantine files are not fully deleted.

So, if you intend to use other AntiVirus software besides F-Secure it still detect F-Secure being install in your computer.

Can F-Secure fix this issues.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I wonder if that is so that Quarantined files are not deleted in error when uninstalling the product?  dunno.gif 

I believe the log files have always been left behind by the Uninstaller, but other products do not detect these, as they are only text files - that said, there should be no need to save the log files, so there should be no reason for the uninstaller not to delete them, at least, not that I can see.

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

"So, if you intend to use other AntiVirus software besides F-Secure it still detect F-Secure being install in your computer"

I have been playing around with several AVs of late to find a suitable one for my son's computer, which has involved installing KAV, Norton, WebSecure, Bullguard and BitDefender after uninstalling FSIS.

None of them picked up on any F-Secure files/registry keys during install so users should be okay if they decide to switch to another AV for whatever the reason ( I did restore to a previous image after all this AV testing). 

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Thanks for the clarification re the log files, Fendy. I hadn't actually thought of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info