My Portal F-Secure End Of Life Announcement

(1) What will be affected?

(2) Will there be anything to take it's place?

Comments

• tedsloan
    tedsloan Posts: 2

I have been trialling the Anti Virus software for a few weeks and was about to make a purchase. Does this mean that this software will no longer be available or updates available every day? Has it all come to an end or am I not understanding the recent email !

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer
    can you write here what is written in that email?

@tedsloan
    From what I understood of Paola's writtings, that message meant no "My F-Secure" portal only, and I don't think F-Secure will cease its existance at all...
  • Paola
    Paola Posts: 10

@Janiashvili

The following is the text from the email I received:

Dear F-Secure Customer,

You are receiving this email because you are a registered user of the My F-Secure Portal.

We would like to inform you that the My F-Secure Portal will be discontinued on the 30th of May 2013. After this date you will not be able to access the portal or any information stored in it.

Please log into the My F-Secure Portal at https://my.f-secure.com and archive any information that is relevant to you, such as invoices or subscription keys. Please note that, after the closure of the My F-Secure Portal, F-Secure will not be able to provide this information to you.

The closure of the My F-Secure Portal has no effect on valid subscriptions or access to the F-Secure Community.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at :

www.f-secure.com/support.

Best regards,

Your F-Secure Team

• tedsloan
    tedsloan Posts: 2

Thank you Stephan for that clarification.

• Samir
    Samir Posts: 4 New Member

Thanks for the response Stephan. I just got this e-mail today and I was wondering what it means. But why did F-Secure decide to close it? And will it be replaced by something else?

I personally like the idea of having some place online at the developers website where I can securely store and review my product purchases and especially where I can find my serial numbers or license keyes. Acronis has something like this on their website and I love it.

• Samir
    Samir Posts: 4 New Member

It's May 31st and it's still online. Hopefully discontinued though. Bye bye My F-Secure!

This discussion has been closed.