Block traffic to/from 3322.org

baroque-quest
baroque-quest Posts: 74 Enthusiast
edited January 2022 in Feature Requests

Given the news from Microsoft that they were able to shutdown some of the evil 3322.org domain, I wanted to ask what is F-Secure's policy with respect to this domain.  Perhaps F-Secure is already doing it, but why not block traffic from this domain entirely?  It appears that 3322.org has no valid function, unless you are a Chinese spammer/hacker, so why not just shield users from it?

0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Unfortunately blocking the domain entirely is not possible since it does have some legitimate content too. More information here and here

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Hi baroque-guest, I change the status of your new idea. I don't have any other option than choose the Discarded. As Timo explains... it is a "No can do" at the moment. Thank you for your input. This was a tricky issue. Sorry for the delay. Have a nice day. ElseH F-Secure Community Manager
  • Given the significance of the intrusions, its a pity that this was "discarded" so quickly.  I for one would pay a premium to be able to selectively exclude IP addresses  that F-secure may deem as "legitimate", but that I do not. This is a problem that I don't feel will go away, and thus F-secure should make a further attempt to provide its customers with an altenative to "no can do".

This discussion has been closed.