Idea : After install, scan the little LAN to see if a NAS or other shares MP3/docs og TV / DLNA

After installation, the program found out if the computer is on a NAT og public IP, if on a NAT, it ask user to scan the LAN to see witch devices reply, i.e.

NAS

Network printing

other computer that shares picture, music, film etc, etc.

TV´s with DLNA

UPNP´s.

Routers, (ask to close for direct connections???)

Allmost each family, have more that 1 (or more that 2) computers, and they all share the same internet connection...

That could be a nice thing to do, because the wizards is making the right settings in the firewall, i have seen a lot of rules, hat allow all most all, because that´s the easiest...

I hope you understand what i mean ??

Regards Nmouse

Comments

• Nmousedk
    Nmousedk Posts: 37 Observer

Please respond !

/Regards.

• Jusu
    Jusu Posts: 10 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello,

Thank you for the idea. I think I do understand what you mean. We are always looking for ways to make our product better and naturally improving the firewall is also on that list.

Regards

• Nmousedk
    Nmousedk Posts: 37 Observer

Hi

Coud it be a secondary program, that coud be called from "settings" and a-like "wizard to upnp and DLNA´s"

It coud be a werry nice thing, because, you know and ewerybody know, that there is more than 2 computers, and a DLNA TV in allmost every home, and then F-Secure coud now the enduser better end they do themself Smiley Happy

DLNA is some standard ports !

uPnP is some standard prots !

And all users have a gateway, witch coud be suspended to high security ??

That woud be a start, and then the experymentery? user, have a great start, to get more to work with his/her computer´s net-services, i.e. music-sharing...

I hope you take this idea with you, and thats why you shoud choose F-Secure, because we guide you the tight direction..

Please dont waste this idea, i think it´s great !!!

Regards

This discussion has been closed.