Spotnet blocked by internet security 2013

I use spotnet to download nzb files for downloading files from usenet.

Before I installed Internet Security 2013 everything worked fine. After installing it spotnet does not not download the spot description anymore. This means I also can not download the nzb file anymore. I already tried disabling the different features of 2013 but nothing helped.

Only removing the program completely makes spotnet work properly again.

I also already excluded nzb extentions and included the program spotnet in the firewall.

Anyone else suggestions?

-Gerard

Comments

• Shahrir
    Shahrir Posts: 44 F-Secure Product Expert

Hi samtosha,

Can you try to turn off DeepGuard and Firewall in Settings? I believed you have mentioned that you have disabled all the features and still facing the same issue, when you uninstalled F-Secure Internet Security 2013 from your computer, is Windows Firewall still turned on?

Br,

Shahrir

• Hello Shahrir,

Yes I tried turning off deepguard and firewall. Including online safety and virus scanner.

When I remove internet security, windows firewall is still active and then Spotnet works fine.

With internet security installed, the spot headers are loaded, but nothing happens when I want to open the spot. Spotnet says: retrieving spot.. And just stays on that. I have to force close spotnet to stop.
  • Shahrir

Hi again!

We need to analyze more to rectify the current issue. Please feel free to contact our support team and provide more information so that our Technical Expert can analyze the case and give you a permanent solution. Below is the link to contact our support team :-

Do contact us again should you need further assistance.

Cheers!

• Problem same at my PC.

After Updating to 2013 Spotgrit and Spotnet don't open "the nzb-file" after the remark "Resolving file from internet" and stays so till ............

After uninstalling FS and testing with BD and KS it worked fine again. Installing F-secure 2013 again same problem occurs.

• Shahrir
    Hi Tja_Cha,

As above, it has been brought to our attention and we are currently working on it. Kindly contact our Technical Support to log a service request, we would need more informations to reproduce the errors in-house.
  • Hi,

same here, since i load F-secure from my internetprovider spotnet blocks.

Even after uninstalling sportnet and MS 4 net.framework and installing again.

It will not open the spot an after a few seconds it says, deleted.

I have to go back to my old AVS and close F-secure untill this is disolved by F-secure.

best regards, Ochi

• I have the same problem after an Update from F Secure.

With internet security installed, the spot headers are loaded, but nothing happens when I want to open the spot.

Spotnet says: retrieving spot.. And just stays on that. I have to force close spotnet to stop.

Disabled everything from F Sevure but nothing works. Hopefully F Secure will come with a solution for this problem at short notice!!!!

Computer Security 12.62 build 109

Anti-Virus 10.00 build 18240
    DeepGuard 4.10 build 46
    E-mail Filtering 1.02 build 12620
    Management Agent 8.30 build 43092
    User Interface 9.80 build 354

• MJK
    MJK Posts: 2

The same problem also occurs for Spotgrit.

Temporary I fixed the problem with Spotnet bij deinstalling FSIS2013 and reinstalling the old version with automatic updating unchecked. Thereafter Spotnet functions well.

With reinstalling FSIS2013 I will wait till the problem with Spotnet is solved. Is it already known when this will be fixed?

• I have the same problem

workaround which work for me (follow these steps after each time windows starts)

1. Open Command Prompt in elevated mode.
    - Goto Start > right click on empty space > All apps > Windows System > right click on Command Prompt > Run as Administrator.
    2. Type:
    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure
    3. Run the command:
    fshoster32.exe -StopPlugin -plugin:NID

• Hello,

I have F-secure Internet security 2012

I also can't open spots in nzbspots.

When i use fshoster32.exe -StopPlugin -plugin:NID the problem is gone.

I think, this is not a 2013 isue.

I was on holiday for a week and before this week I don't have any problem.

Today I saw this problem.

F-Secure Security Panel 1.62 build 366

CCF Agent 1.62 build 280
    CCF CUIF 10.01 build 33962
    CCF DAAS2 1.10 build 299
    CCF Automatic Update Agent 1.05 build 1020
    CCF Upstream 2.00 build 107
    CCF Diagnostics 8.00 build 17952
    CCF Scanning 1.06 build 137.5589
    CCF Network 1.02 build 115
    CCF Reputation 1.0 build 25.1756

• Hello,

same here, the command prompt workaround shutting down the NID plugin works, although I don't have a clue what it actually does (am I still protected without the NID plugin?).

In xs4all.general I found the following workaround (which doens't work on my pc):

Ctrl+Shift+Esc

tab Services

rightclick on fshoster

choose "Stop Service"

(restart when finished with Spotgrit of Spotnet)

I'm not sure about which version I use (I use auto update), but the build infoprmation says:

F-Secure Security Panel 1.62 build 366

CCF Agent 1.62 build 280 CCF CUIF 10.01 build 33962 CCF DAAS2 1.10 build 299 CCF Automatic Update Agent 1.05 build 1020 CCF Upstream 2.00 build 107 CCF Diagnostics 8.00 build 17952 CCF Scanning 1.06 build 137.5589 CCF Network 1.02 build 115 CCF Reputation 1.0 build 25.1756

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi All,

We are investigating this issue and we would need your helps on this. For those who encountered this issue, please do the following steps.

1. Run "fshoster32.exe -StopPlugin -plugin:NID" in elevated Command Prompt and test does the program work?
    2. Create a Service Request by sending an e-mail to our Technical Support with the informations below:
       - Your F-Secure program version. (F-Secure Internet Security 2013/Operator version, e.g. XS4ALL & etc.)
       - Your subscription key.
       - FSDIAG.
       - Test result from step 1.
    3. PM me the SR-ID received from the auto-reply mail sent in step 2.

Note: Step 1 provided is not a workaround but a test to help us in troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hello Jayson,

Im sending the requested info at this moment. Will send the SR-ID when recieved.

Regards,

Jeroen

• Number: 1-536168665

Created: 2012-11-19 09:48:50 PM

Subject: Spotnet blocked by internet security

• [Deleted User]

Hi All,

Our R&D has identified the issue and is currently working on the fix. Spotnet should working fine after Network Interceptor is disabled and the subsequent downloading shall be working even the Network Interceptor is re-enabled after this, until Spotnet is restarted. The steps below is temporary workaround until the fix is ready.

1. Open Command Prompt in elevated mode. (In Windows 7 & Vista, right click on Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator")
    2. Type:
       cd C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure (64-bits OS)
       cd C:\Program Files\F-Secure (32-bits OS)
    3. Run the command:
       fshoster32.exe -StopPlugin -plugin:NID
    4. Once downloading in spotnet is working fine, run the command:
       fshoster32.exe -StartPlugin -plugin:NID

NOTE: DO NOT leave Network Interceptor disabled.

I do not have the ETA for the fix at the moment but I will update to this post once I got it.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hello Jayson,

I don't use spotnet, but I use Spotgrit instead. When I have restarted the NID plugin, the problem is back: I can't open articles. (downloading the list of articles is no problem, but opening the articles doesn't work).

Regards,

Jeroen

• Jeroen,  By activating the plugin the problem will also occur again. The download-section works fine while activated.

In dutch:

Jeroen, met het activeren van de plug-in zet je het weer op slot! Spotgrit of Spotnet maakt niet uit.
    Het downloaden gaat dan wel normaal door.

• Jayson,

thanx for the explanation., I'll keep the NID pluging shutdown while I browse the articles in Spotgrit.  Downloading was working fine with me, as I'm using another system for the downloads. (SaBNZB on a NAS). On the F-Secure protected system I only use X-News to view and post messages in alt.binaries.tallships which works fine.

Regards,

Jeroen

• In most cases I am not able to stop the plugin anyways...

• [Deleted User]

Hi All,

The fix is ready. Please follow the steps below to download and install the fix.

1. Create a folder named “test” in C:\ drive.
    2. Download and save the fix into C:\test folder.
    3. Open Command Prompt in elevated mode. (In Windows 7 & Vista, right click on Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator")
    4. Run the command:
       msiexec /I c:\test\fs_ccf_scanning.msi
    5. Verify that the FSNI driver file in ccf_scanning folder is on version 1.14.155
     - Look for file
       64-bit OS: C:\Program File (x86)\F-Secure\apps\CCF_Scanning\fsni64.sys
       OR
       32-bit OS:C:\Program File\F-Secure\apps\CCF_Scanning\fsni32.sys
     -  Right click then choose Properties, click on Details tab.

Note: The fix will be delivered through update channel soon but ETA yet to confirm.

Thanks.

Edited: Download link was obsolete and removed.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Thanks, it works !

• Tnx, the fix works also for me

• I'm sorry but it did not work on my system. The installation of the update looked well, the version of the driver is correct but even after a restart Spotnet jammed as soon as I chose an item in the list.

• Hello Jayson,

thanx the fix works! (using Spotgrit in my case)

Regards,

Jeroen

• MJK
    MJK Posts: 2

I also fixed it, so thanks for your stake.

Merijn

• [Deleted User]

Hi OpaHWi,

Does the Spotnet work if you stop the Network Interceptor?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hallo Jayson,

Indeed, when I stop the Network interceptor Spotnet works fine, when I start the Network Interceptor again Spotnet won't download anymore. I would love to see a permanent solution though I'm convinced you are working on it.

Regards,

OpaHWi

• [Deleted User]

Hi OpaHWi,

May I have more details on your system?
    - Your OS version.
    - Your F-Secure program version. (F-Secure Internet Security 2013/Operator version, e.g. XS4ALL & etc.)
    - Your Spotnet/SpotGrid version.

Please try to reinstall your F-Secure security.
    - Download and run the Uninstallation Tool.
    - Reinstall your F-Secure Security program.
    - Test downloading.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• WHERE OR HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD TIS FIX ? I CAN''T FIND IT. 

• [Deleted User]

Hi SUPERMAMMA,

The download link to the fix is provided on this post.

Thanks.

Edited: Download link was obsolete and removed.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info