Idea : A default screensaver, that scans on "idle" and telling how to make sec. passwords.

As subject...

When user is back, the "idle" scanning is stopped, and when the "idle"/screensaver is active again, the scanning continues, from where the scanning left last time. - I mean that it coud allways scan system files, and then go to where it left last time..

I hope you understand what i mean Smiley Happy

Regards Nmouse

Comments

• StarFerret
    StarFerret Posts: 17 Observer

I just set my computer to scan when the computer has been idle for five minutes. That's about all I'd need. Of course, if I'm only gone six minutes . . .

• Nmousedk
    Nmousedk Posts: 37 Observer

Hi.

Yes, i´m  aware of the function in FSIS, BUT..

The function shoud be as a normal user would do.

Looking in the ordinary screen saver function, under Windows !

And the is none !

And, i recommend, that if the user doesn't have any screen saver set, then til FSIS installation program, ask user to set it, in the installation progress...

Thast my idea Smiley Happy

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

regular scans do not provide any additional security compared to on-demand-scans. They just make you sleep better, while wasting performance and energy!

If there is a good reason to launch a manual scan it is because of a security problem.

If you have a security problem, then you should rather let the scanner do its job first and not start regular work in the foreground.

BR

This discussion has been closed.