mhelper

Schanzer
Schanzer Posts: 3 Observer
edited December 2023 in F-Secure Total

Hello,

I suddenly had a mhelper program on my taskbar. That must have been something with SEO background. Have it uninstalled. Could this have been a threat?

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Schanzer

Thank you for your reply, and I appreciate your proactive steps in running a full system scan. Taking these precautions is essential for maintaining computer security.

Since you have already uninstalled the application and conducted a scan without detecting any issues, it is a positive indication that your system is likely free from immediate threats.

To ensure ongoing security, I recommend following best practices such as keeping your operating system and software up to date, using F-Secure to protect your device, practicing safe browsing habits, and exercising caution with email attachments or downloads from untrusted sources.

I apologize for not being able to provide more specific details without further information. For now, I suggest monitoring your device and reaching out if you encounter the same issue again.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager

Hello @Schanzer

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

I understand your concern and it is natural to be concerned about potential threats to your system.

While I'm not able to provide a further explanation without more information, I recommend taking a few steps to ensure your system's security. Firstly, I suggest running a full system scan to check for any potential threats or malicious programs. You can find more information on how to perform a system scan by following this link Running a virus scan manually | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Additionally, keeping your operating system and all software up to date with the latest patches and updates is crucial for maintaining a secure environment.

If you encounter any suspicious behavior or have further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to assist you and provide the necessary guidance.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we're here to help you stay protected.

• Schanzer

Hello and thank you very much!

I ran a full system scan, but everything was fine there. I always get updates automatically.

Can it be that this is a component of Microsot 365? Apparently the installation happened the same day Microsoft 365 was updated?

• Schanzer

Thank you for your support and tips.

I've always taken these tips to heart, so I'm also very confident that everything is fine.

Thank you and best regards!

This discussion has been closed.