2»

Answers

• fs-seppo
    fs-seppo Posts: 22 F-Secure Employee
    edited May 2023

Release 19.1 beta 5 (5.2.2285):

New features:

• Update delivery and signing system was updated
    • Smart task asking for user to login was added (PBL-10785)
    • If toast notifications are blocked, product now falls back to native dialog
    • High contrast mode visibility fixes (PBL-9579)
    • Password vault is now available for child profiles (PBL-11044)
    • Multi-selection and batch deletion of Vault entries (KID-1513)
    • Show Vault browser extension activated state in Autofill UI (KID-1469)
    • Vault side menu items are now disabled instead of hidden when not usable (KID-1620)
    • Select freshly created Vault entry in entry list. (KID-1621)
    • Vault's new/changed Master Password minimum length requirement is now 12 characters. (KID-1628)
    • Manual scan can be paused/resumed (PBL-10862)

Fixed issues:

• Main UI pops up with smart task while gaming (PBL-11009)
    • Vault related smart tasks lifetime improved (KID-1655, KID-1697)

Seppo

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• fs-seppo
    edited May 2023

There was a minor issue with the new release which may result in new installations failing with network error. This will be remedied soon.

Edit: This is now fixed.

Seppo

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited May 2023

Hello,

My fs protection after installing Oneclient SAFE 5.2.2285 - re-downloaded all updates/modules with a re-named view as "WithSecure"-alias instead of previous "F-Secure". Is it okay? Just compatibility-global support between all solutions/companies?

Thanks!

// I see, there is another server for checking updates already. So, seems that it is expected thing.

• fs-seppo

https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/comment/133118#Comment_133118Hi,

that was quite perceptively spotted. Full downloads indeed were an artifact of switching to different update server and this is expected to be a one-time phenomenon.

Seppo

• fs-seppo

Release 19.1 beta 6 (5.2.2538):

Fixed issues:

• Improved scheduling of update checks, update should now happen faster after resume from sleep
    • In rare cases smart task does not open main UI (PBL-11115)
    • Opening app from Password Manager browser extension was not always working (KID-1704)

Seppo

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I'd just like to add a personal point of view, which is that the Tasks feels a little bit like I'm being nagged to do something. I get that it's hidden, but it's still there on the main interface.

Obviously, for testing purposes, I accept it as part of the product, but if I were a consumer, I'd be asking for a way to disable them completely. 😊

@Simon

The point of tasks is that we want user to do something. Red tasks means that you are not protected. Yellow tasks means that you should do something important. Blue tasks are optional suggestions and they also do not force the UI to open. In your case, which tasks are bothering you?

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

@Ville

I think it was something to do with password protection, which I don't use anyway. I didn't realise there were different levels of tasks, as I've only seen the one. Obviously if it's something critical then yes, it's good to be reminded. 🙂

@Simon

Thank you for the clarification. We indeed recently added onboarding tasks for Password Vault and VPN. Both of these are blue tasks, so they are there in the UI if you open it for any other reason, but they will not force the UI to open. For beta users they may seem a bit unnecessary - after all, you did not pay for these features. For paid users, if they paid and got these features, they are there to remind them to also use what they paid for.

You can always click on the task itself to get the bigger version of the task where there is option "Do not ask me again", which you can select and dismiss it for good.

• fs-seppo

Release 19.1 beta 7 (5.2.2668):

Fixed issues:

• Multiple "VPN is connected" flyers shown when app closed while VPN is connected (PBL-11137)
    • Inconsistent display of locations in VPN view (PBL-11129)

Seppo

TOTAL 19.1 has been released to production. Thank you all for testing and reporting bugs. We will continue with the beta after holiday season, stay tuned in August.

• MaHeHRO
    MaHeHRO Posts: 20 Enthusiast