Do I still need Freedome if I have F-Secure Total, which includes a VPN?

DirkS
DirkS Posts: 2 Observer
edited October 2023 in F-Secure VPN

Or do Freedome and Total VPN offer different features?

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Do I still need Freedome if I have F-Secure Total, which includes a VPN?

I think that when you already have the current F-Secure TOTAL app, there is much less need or point to have F-Secure VPN (Freedome) as well.

"F-Secure VPN" (Freedome) is convenient or necessary if you want to use only the VPN solution provided by F-Secure (and, for example, you already have some other AV solution). So, there is an option to go that way.

Also, you can still use F-Secure TOTAL (when Privacy VPN feature is not included in your subscription) and F-Secure VPN/Freedome. Although it is a bit bulky option.

Or do Freedome and Total VPN offer different features?

A bit of.

For example, Freedome's App Security feature is dropped recently (App Security to be dropped from FREEDOME VPN for Android - F-Secure Community) in favor of F-Secure Total app.

As for the general VPN functionality, I think that there are no visible or huge differences. The only thing at the moment - F-Secure VPN can be easier and faster to use (enable, disable, change location, so things)

In addition, as described there: Frequently asked questions about the new F-Secure app launched on February 14, 2023 - F-Secure Community

Yes, both F-Secure FREEDOME VPN and F-Secure ID PROTECTION apps will work as before until you uninstall the apps. However, we recommend that you start using the Privacy VPN and Password Vault features in the F-Secure app instead.

Note: VPN software permits only one connection at a time. If you still have F-Secure FREEDOME VPN installed, make sure that you don't have both VPNs turned on at the same time. Currently, if you have FREEDOME VPN turned on and then turn Total's Privacy VPN on, the network stops working until you turn off one of the VPN connections.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info