How do I uninstall F-Secure Safe and then Reinstall

Cliffgabingdon
Cliffgabingdon Posts: 1 New Member
edited October 2023 in F-Secure Internet Security

I had a power outage and my F-Secure Safe disappeared from my Windows PC, contacted F-Secure customer care Chat and received they kindly sent me instructions to uninstall and then reinstall, which all seemed straight forward until I attempted to do so.

Using Support Tools, selected FsUninstallationTool.exe. I received a message ''Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item.''

Can any one shed any light on how I might achieve this, clearly I am doing something wrong, I just don't know what!

Regards Cliff

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Using Support Tools, selected FsUninstallationTool.exe. I received a message ''Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item.''

There is a general article about:

For example, all the methods are worth to try. But, what about "Method 5: Unblock the file" as most logical.. if you do able to run any other .exe file in your system.

Can any one shed any light on how I might achieve this, clearly I am doing something wrong, I just don't know what!

Can you specify what is your Windows? Windows 7, 8, 10, 11?

And did you try (or do able) to run this tool as an Administrator?

It's good if you come back with feedback. And if any guidance or steps are required - just ask.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info