Which group my account belongs after my free trial is expired?

Options
dao_nta
dao_nta Posts: 2 Observer
edited October 2023 in F-Secure Total

Hi,

I used the free trial of F-secure and it expired a while ago. For some reasons, F-secure required me to leave a 'group' when I am being added as a sub-user, and I couldn't find any 'group' to leave in my profile page.

What should I do now? Thank you!

Best regard,

Dao N

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,640 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @dao_nta

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

I understand that you are having trouble being added as a sub-user for another subscription. It seems that the email you used to register has already been associated with an account, which is causing the error.

To resolve this issue, you can delete the expired account as suggested by @Ukko in the previous comment. If you need help with this, we can assist you. Please let us know if you would like us to delete the account by replying to the private message I have sent you.

Alternatively, you can also use a different email address to receive the invitation.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We are always here to help.

Thank you and have a great day!

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello,

and I couldn't find any 'group' to leave in my profile page. What should I do now?

Steps which worked with my 'active' trial account:

• login into My F-Secure account (my.f-secure.com);
    • click your 'circle' (name);
    • click 'Leave My F-Secure group' red-coloured text (but maybe owner of the group should release you too).

Since your description is about expired account. What is visible after you login into portal? And could you try another browser (in the case of incompatibility with something or cache).

If mentioned steps are not applied there and if it is not possible to leave group (meaning: another F-Secure user with account; at some point invited you to be part of his account; reference guide: Adding other people to your account | Total | Previous | F-Secure User Guides), could you explain a bit more:

• you never been invited before?
    • when F-Secure required to leave a 'group'? Someone tried to invite you and there is a request? Does email address is right during this attempt?

Since sounds that you are going to be (want) part of another account's subscription.. is it possible that deleting your account is an option (How to delete My F-Secure account - F-Secure Community)? So, you will be able to re-start from scratch? Especially, if steps for leaving the group is unavailable (they are described there too: I'm a sub-user of F-Secure SAFE/TOTAL and I can't renew the subscription - F-Secure Community).

Alternatively, you may want to wait when F-Secure Community managers will come to sort it out (as it was there: leave a group for a new subscription — F-Secure Community);

As another option - to use one of your other email-addresses for being invited.

Thanks!

• dao_nta
    dao_nta Posts: 2 Observer
    Options

Hi,

thank you both for the thorough responses.

Even though I couldn't find the "'Leave My F-Secure group" option, but I guess it is alright to delete the account. I can do it myself after this reply.

Have a nice week!

Dao

This discussion has been closed.