Remove branding in F-Secure products

MaHeHRO
MaHeHRO Posts: 20 Enthusiast

In F-Secure security products, if they are purchased from other sources (e.g. Vodafone Germany), then there is branding used. However, I would like to use the original F-Secure products with my contract without having a Vodafone (or other) branding. The disadvantage is also that apps in the Play Store or so are not as up to date as the normal F-Secure products. I ask that this be migrated in the future or that there be an option to link one's original F-Secure account to that of the subscription to use products without branding.

1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• MaHeHRO

A comparison between F-Secure & Vodafone:

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager

Hello @MaHeHRO

Thank you for your suggestion.

Just wanted to clarify that the F-Secure app used by your operator is a customised version, however, don't worry, it's still powered by F-Secure. Please take note the updates to this version are released on a scheduled basis.

Alternatively, if you would like to use the version of the F-Secure app directly from us, you can subscribe to our service which allows for more flexibility as updates are released without a schedule.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Have a great day!

• MaHeHRO

Hello @Firmy

What is different about the version than the normal F-Secure products? And would like to purchase directly from you, but it would be nice if there would be monthly subscriptions. Therefore, I first wanted to get it through Vodafone.

Thanks for your answer :)

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager

Hello @MaHeHRO

What is different about the version than the normal F-Secure products?

Just wanted to let you know that a new version of the software can be released either to add new features or to fix any bugs. However, please note that the update schedule for your operator version may vary. If you have any questions or need further details, I suggest contacting Vodafone for assistance.

And would like to purchase directly from you, but it would be nice if there would be monthly subscriptions.

I regret to inform you that at the moment, F-Secure does not offer a monthly renewal option. Payments are made on a yearly basis.

Thank you for your understanding, and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions.