F-Secure Total VPN after MacOS 13.3 update not connecting

juuso52
juuso52 Posts: 8 Explorer
edited October 2023 in F-Secure Total

Hi, I updated my MacBook Air M2 to Ventura 13.3, and now my F-Secure Total VNP does not work, the VPN connection does not go active. What can I do to use the VPN connection?(before the update vpn worked normally.)

Accepted Answer

Answers

• juuso52

Hello Ukko !

Many thanks for Your diverse support in my problem.

The temporary solution was to change the VPN protocol to IKEv2. OpenVPN and OpenVPN (TCP) does not work at this moment on my macOS 13.3.

I will wait for a moment to see, if F-Secure will make some change or update to VPN service. I have had a similar problem earlier and it resolved by itself. And when not, I must reinstall F-Secure Total, unfortunately

Thanks !

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    edited March 2023

Hello,

The temporary solution was to change the VPN protocol to IKEv2. OpenVPN and OpenVPN (TCP) does not work at this moment on my macOS 13.3.

Good to hear that, at least, there is a workaround.

By the way, Why is there no internet connection on my computer when F-Secure FREEDOME VPN protection is turned ON? - F-Secure Community suggested that F-Secure Freedome (so, likely Privacy VPN in F-Secure TOTAL)

If the above steps do not help, the issue might be that your firewall is blocking the connection. If that is the case, you need to change your firewall settings to allow the connection.

Our Android, Windows and macOS products use the OpenVPN protocol.

The ports for Android, Mac, and Windows are:

TCP/UDP ports in the range 2700 - 2800

TCP port 443

Allow traffic on these ports in your firewall and try to connect FREEDOME again. Refer to this video on how to open the Windows Firewall and configure the ports:

Since there was MacOS update - maybe firewall settings are cleared or mismatched. But, I am not completely sure that mentioned article is really applied to F-Secure TOTAL's Privacy VPN. // And just because your description about inability to connect, but this article is about 'no internet' while connected (?).

But there is always way to ask official Support channel (web-chat, for example) - Contact support | F-Secure

Thanks!

• juuso52

Hello!

Today I uninstalled F-secure TOTAL from my MacBook. Then I installed the product again from My F-Secure. After installation it notified that the product license code was missing. I did not find a place to give it. But after reboot F-Secure TOTAL worked normally, using the default OpenVPN protocol.

• Vesaz
    Vesaz Posts: 3 Observer

I'm having exactly the same problem: the firewall just gets stuck in forming the connection. Trying the uninstall and reinstall trick now.

• Vesaz

https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/comment/132644#Comment_132644Yes, uninstall-reinstall did work. Could you please track the bug which caused this, this is my first time in my life that I have to uninstall and reinstall a security program for such an embarrassing bug... this should not happen again.

• juuso52

Hello @Firmy @Ukko @Vesaz

This same problem occurred also with macOS 13.3.1 update, only IKEv2 did work. After uninstall and install VPN works normally again. Please, a correction needed.

• Vesaz

Really. I have been using F-Secure products from, like 2008 or something and this is the first issue I have ever had. I understand that you have to reinstall a game after you bought a new GPU or something but with an antivirus/cybersecurity suite, never!

This discussion has been closed.