Privacy VPN will not connect.

If you try to connect, the app closes after a while

What to do?

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

It is helpful to know what is your device and operating system (Android, Windows,..)

I just tried with Android devices (Android 9 and Android 12) and managed to use Privacy VPN (all connected). Thus, good to find what is the specific point in your situation.

Alternatively, can you try to restart device? Just to exclude any things which can be 'fixed' by that way.

Thanks!

• Roelie
    Roelie Posts: 4 Explorer

Hello

OS = Windows 10 Hom

I have retart the device several times

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Thanks for your reply.

OS = Windows 10 Home

Good.

I managed to activate Privacy VPN with Windows 10 too. As such, can be useful to know if it was ever possible to use Privacy VPN on your device. Or this trouble arose right from the first experience (if so, maybe there is a trouble with initial setup/configuring VPN adapters or modules).

Your description:

If you try to connect, the app closes after a while

sounds as about 'crash' event. I mean, there is an attempt to connect - but the app (UI window) closes as a result of some failure. If so, the best way is to reach their official Support. For example, web-chat (bottom-right corner's widget): Contact support | F-Secure

It will be possible to gather some technical information or logs.

However, could you read this article (https://community.f-secure.com/vpn-en/kb/articles/8962-freedome-vpn-never-connects-with-ipsec-ikev2-on-windows) and check if it is possible to fix situation by suggestions in there.

This article is about F-Secure Freedome VPN (F-Secure VPN) solution, but it is likely that the design is also applied to the Total app (Privacy VPN functionality).

There is a guide how to change protocol with Total app (Changing the VPN protocol used | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides)

Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

• Roelie

Before today, everything worked fine.

I read the article and followed the recommendations, but this did not solve the problem.

Thank you for your support and I will conact support F Secure

Kind Regards

• Roelie

Hello Firmy

Thank you for your response.

I have uninstall en re-install the app and the problem is solved

Kind Regards

Roelie

This discussion has been closed.