ID Protection won't import recovery code

Bepop_63
Bepop_63 Posts: 14 Enthusiast
edited June 2023 in F-Secure ID Protection

I installed ID Protection update (I think) and after that I can't start ID Protection because when I try to upload recovery code picture application does nothing.

Before update I just started IDP with recovery code QR-code picture and it did encrypt the code and showed it. After update window stays the same. I can browse my files and select the QR-code picture, but window remains in "upload picture" mode. What's up?

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Bepop_63

Oh, and it was Apple Mac installation Ventura 13.1.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager

hello @Bepop_63

Thank you for your post.

May I know if you can log in on the ID PROTECTION on your Mac after updating by using your Master Password?

And is it that you are only not able to recover the forgotten master password by using the Recovery code after the updating or you cannot log in also?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you and have a good day.

• Bepop_63

Here's what I do:

1. I open F-secure safe
    2. From Safe I will select "Start ID protection"
    3. It now asks main password but I will select "have you forgot your mainpassword"
    4. Now I'm in upload picture window. I select "upload picture" (translated from Finnish by the way...)
    5. I now browse and select "recovery code"-picture from finder window
    6. Now I'm back in upload picture window. Like system is doing nothing. It won't encrypt the picture like iit did with earlier version.

Seems that ID protection starts but I'm not able to open locking. There is no visible icon but I can click from top bar and ID-protection options open. See picture.

I'm not currently using ID-protection (lucky me!) but I was going to start to replace Lastpass. Now I'm in doubt to use this if updates are somehow corrupting the system. I will loose hundreds of passwords in this case.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info