The license is active and valid on the device

„Not logged in

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,609 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Bua67

Thank you for your reply.

May I know if this issue only occurs on this iPad, or does it affect other iOS devices as well?

I would recommend you uninstall the F-Secure SAFE app on your iPad, release the license from My F-Secure account and reinstall the app. When you uninstall the app, it will remove the Safe browsing extension also.

Follow the following steps to uninstall & reinstall the F-Secure Safe app:

1. Tap and hold on to the F-Secure SAFE icon till the icon wiggles.
    2. Then tap on the 'x' to delete it.
    3.  Launch your App Store application > Search for F-Secure SAFE.
    4.  Click on "Install or Get" > Accept the license terms and conditions > Click open.
    5. Click on LOGIN [DO NOT SELECT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT].

Note: Also remember to release the license from My F-Secure. Uninstallation of the app DOES NOT automatically release the license!

After reinstalling the app, you will get the same notification to set up the Safe Browsing extension. Kindly click on "Set up". Follow this guide Setting up the Safe Browsing extension in Safari | SAFE | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Once everything is done, it will show " Safe Browsing Extension is enabled!". You may click "Close".

If you do not see " Safe Browsing Extension is enabled!", it shows you did not finish the set-up yet.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and have a good day.

Answers

• Bua67
    Bua67 Posts: 7 Observer
    edited January 2023

This extension is great if it would work

• System
    System Posts: 127 Enthusiast
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Ist this from your page? - The new Safe Browsing extension for iOS.
  • Firmy

Hello @Bua67

Welcome to the F-Secure Community page. Thank you for your post.

Did you log in to My F-Secure account on the F-Secure SAFE app? May I know if you open the F-Secure SAFE app on your iPad, it shows "Your online activity is protected"?

I can see that you have successfully set up the new extension on your Safari, however, it does not connect to your subscription.

Which iOS version are you using on your iPad? You can check this information on Settings > General > About.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

• Bua67

Happy New Year to you as well

iPad OS 16.2

• Firmy

Hello @Bua67

Your F-Secure SAFE app on your iOS device is looking good.

Kindly restart your iPad and check again the Safe Browsing extension in Safari.

To test the browsing protection, you can visit this link https://unsafe.fstestdomain.com. You will see that the page is blocked by F-Secure.

Kindly let me know the outcome once you have tried it.

Thank you and have a good day.

• Bua67

Tried this already but just restarted again but unfortunately this extension still doesn’t work

This page looks the same without the F-Secure extension

• Bua67

Your app keeps asking me to activate the extension although it’s already been activated

• Bua67

Good morning,

Only on iPad, no problems on PC's and I use Eset on Android

After reinstalling the extensions works, thanks for your help.

Have a good day

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info