Why my system app is gone?

Ian_C
Ian_C Posts: 6 Observer

Hi,

When I go to the Apps & notifications settings to see all the apps in my phone, I discovered that one of my system apps (Files) is not there. Does anyone know what could have caused this? I have used my F-Secure SAFE to scan my phone and there's no detection of a problem.

I have attached a screenshot that shows the "Files" system app is not present. And I have also attached another screenshot that shows what it should be normally. Thank you.

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee

Hi @Ian_C

Thank you for reaching out to F-Secure Community.

When I go to the Apps & notifications settings to see all the apps in my phone, I discovered that one of my system apps (Files) is not there. Does anyone know what could have caused this? I have used my F-Secure SAFE to scan my phone and there's no detection of a problem.

F-Secure SAFE will not interfere with nor delete the system apps because by design system apps can only be changed by your mobile provider through the system update. This can be confirmed by the scan that you have performed on the F-Secure SAFE and there is no detection. System apps are protected and F-Secure does not have permission to delete or remove it.

I have attached a screenshot that shows the "Files" system app is not present. And I have also attached another screenshot that shows what it should be normally. Thank you.

Based on the screenshot you provided, the system's app "Files" may or may not be replaced by the app "Files by Google" however I cannot confirm this, you may need to check with your mobile provider if there are any changes to the system itself.

• Ian_C

Hi Amirul,

I think it's not replaced by the app, Files by Google, because I see both apps together in my phone. The system app, Files, appears again in my phone. This is shown in my latest screenshot that I attached here.

Furthermore, I did not perform any system updates of my phone. I don't know why sometimes the Files app is there and sometimes it's not. Is there anything wrong with my phone's system? Thank you.

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee

Hi @Ian_C

Thank you for your reply.

I am unable to confirm the behavior changes that happen to the system app "Files". However by default, the system app "Files" should be listed on the App info list and show you how much storage has been used. Based on the screenshot provided, the storage being used by the system app "Files" also changes. I may have limited knowledge on this but maybe you can share the specification of your mobile phone and I can try to check over the internet if this is a known issue or not.

Additionally, you can reach your mobile provider support for thorough checking.

• Ian_C

Hi Amirul,

I am using Nokia 3.1 with Android 10 system and model is TA-1049. Thank you very much.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info