Capricorn-updates ONLY HALF THE WEEK - still the same - SEEMS to be solved, for now

MNielsen
MNielsen Posts: 70 Active Engager

What's happening - or, rather... What's NOT happening???

The version-number for F-Secure, is 18.5 - and the program is valid until 21/9 2023 - and the FSAUA reset-tool has been tried to no avail.

I'm having Windows 10, the latest version

Should I uninstall it, and go here instead?? https://www.avg.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download#pc

Tagged:

Accepted Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,608 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @MNielsen @ibms

A new database update was released for Capricorn on 23rd Oct 2022.

Kindly check the app if you received the new update.

Kindly let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• MNielsen

And yet S T I L L no updatesd for F-Secure!! I reinstalled it yesterday... so, what should I do? Quit the program?????????

Resetting with the FSAUA didn't do anything - when running it as administrator, a commandprompt opened, but when pressing the Y-key for Yes, it simply shutted down, and nothing happened.

• BillS22
    BillS22 Posts: 3 Observer

I have the same Problem. Last Update 8 October. I'll wait till Wednesday. If F-Secure didn't get an update till then I'll contact Support

• ibms
    ibms Posts: 9 Explorer

Hello F-Secure users

I have the same problem, since 07.10. NO new updates downloaded. My system ist Windows 10 latest version.

I'm surprised that no F-Secure staff member dropped an offical note here, very disappointing.

What's going on?

• Firmy

Hi @MNielsen @BillS22 @ibms

Thank you for your post.

Please try the following instructions:

1. Open F-Secure SAFE
    2. Go to Tools 
    3. Run Check for Updates

If the issue persists:

If the issue persists, then:

To turn off all protection features:

1. Open the F-Secure SAFE
    2. Go to the menu page (top left) > Virus & Threats
    3. Click Turn off all protection features
    4. A warning is shown, as turning off all protection features leaves your computer open to attacks. Select 5 mins
    5. Click Turn off

To turn on all protection features:

1. Open the F-Secure SAFE
    2. Turn back on (top right corner)
    3. Run updates again

If the issue persists after this, we recommend disabling Windows fast start-up. You can find instructions for this here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

If even after this the updates do not work, uninstall and reinstall the program How to reinstall F-Secure SAFE for Windows - F-Secure Community

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

• ibms

Good morning https://community.f-secure.com/en/profile/Firmy

Thanks for your response.

To make it short:

My Win 10 Pro system hast the latest Win10 updates,

turn off all F-Secure SAFE protection OFF and turn back on: DONE,

my Win 10 Pro system NEVER uses fast startup.

Besides all this my F-Secure SAFE has been uninstalled and reinstalled yesterday (or the day before yesterday, I forgot the day).

But all these steps did not help until the moment I'm writing this.

How can this issue be solved??

• BillS22

@Firmy

Thank you for your Post. I re Installed F-Secure Safe. But the newest Capricorn Engine Update is still version 2022-10-07_04

Is this really the newest Update? Would be strange because the updates were every day new until now. I think there is a Problem with the Update Server

• ibms

I can confirm/attest that statement of BillS22.

• ibms

Hello @all

Just manually checked for Capricorn updates, my SAFE installation now downloaded the F-Secure Capricorn Engine (64-bit) 2022-10-10_05 actually at 11:37 o'clock.

What about the other users?

• ibms

Hello @Firmy

Hell @all

Just for interest and for your information:

After rebooting shutdown and reboot of my Win10 system the F-Secure SAFE installation additionally downloaded/updated the F-Secure Hydra Engine (64-bit) 2022-10-10_01 actually at 11:50 o'clock.

• BillS22

Yes, same here around 12 o clock

• ibms

To the official F-Secure staff

To @Firmy

The issue seems to be away, the F-Secure SAFE installations of the users seem to be running again. But that's not all, there remains a remnant.

(A) What has been the real reason for the above issue?

(B) Why did F-Secure need 3 days to solve it?

(C) How can this be prevented in the future?

(D) The above issue did appear in the past from time to time. When it happened sporadically the mostly at weekends. All this is irksome, so please do all what's in your power to avoid it.

It would be fine to get your commitments/statements regarding for all this.

Have a nice day

• MNielsen
    edited October 2022

I also got a new Capricorn-update right now - I has also done all this about resetting the updater, reinstalling F-secure, which OF COURSE didn't do anything than just install the old update.

But, now I got it updated... Was really about to shift to AVG FREE, or only use Windows Defender - better than nothing from F -Secure!!!

And has even checked the update-server really WAS online, by using isitdownrightnow.com - and yes, it WAS up - but emptied for update-files - Come on, F-Secure! We are paying for this...

See the newest screenshot from just now

...And edited for typos...

• MNielsen

Yes... Almost in weekends, this happens. I remember, they were doing some maintenance of the server - ok! Just fine! But, do they really have only ONE server???

• ibms

Yes, as @MNielsen mentioned, we are paying for this!!

WHERE are the official answers of F-Secure to the above A, B, C and D questions???

• Firmy

Hi @ibms @Blissm @MNielsen

Thank you for the information.

We are currently checking with the developer team. We will get back to you once I have received more information from them.

Thank you and stay safe.

• MNielsen
    edited October 2022

And, only a guess... Next weekend it's the same - just the same - absolutely no Capricorn-updates in 2 - or 3 days.

"Stay safe" - HA-HA!!😁

• ibms

@MNielsen

Hmm, your reaction may be understandable, but please give them a chance.

If at one of the next weekends it would be the same, then all can review.

• Firmy

Hi @MNielsen @ibms @Blissm

I just received word from our team.

We had some issues with backend storage which we successfully resolved yesterday after an investigation was done, hence, causing the variance in date.

However, we understand your concern. Even if the traditional signature database is delayed, the device is still protected since we have the Security Cloud as the first layer of protection.

The Security Cloud is offered swifter and in real-time, compared to the traditional signature database released which is scheduled in certain intervals.

For more information about F-Secure Security Cloud, you may visit these links:

What is Security Cloud? - F-Secure Community

f-secure-security-cloud.pdf

Privacy statement | F-Secure

F-Secure SAFE privacy policy | F-Secure

Kindly let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you and have a good day.

• MNielsen
    edited October 2022

Here, we go again-again. No updates since yesterday...

And no! I don't want to try the same again: Resetting the updater, reinstalling F-Secure - it won't help, when it's something on your server.

• Firmy

Hi @MNielsen

Thank you for your comment.

We released the database updates yesterday, 18th Oct 2022 and the Capricorn update on 19th Oct 2022.

The database should be updated on your machine.

Kindly check again and let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you and stay safe.

• MNielsen

And yet again, no updates today...

• ibms

Hi Firmy

Hi F-Secure staff

This weekend it's the same as in the past:

NO (!!) updates since Friday noon.

This is VERY disappointing and your customers - who have payed for the product - ARE VERY ANGRY!!

We don't want to hear reassuring words, but we want to get competent results.

Best regards

• MNielsen

And S T I L L absolutely NOTHING!!! No updates!

When will this get fixed??

• MNielsen
    edited October 2022

Make F-Secure Safe a free antivirus-program... STILL no updates for Capricorn!!! Almost again, 3 days are gone without any updates.

• MNielsen
    edited October 2022

Yes, it's there....

BUT!!!!! Why won't you simply update it EVERY single days in the week? Do hackers take a break in the weekends? I don't think so!

And it's weird... Some days, you go crazy by updating every single hour... And then suddenly absolutely NO updates for almost 3 days. There's room for improvements here.

You could, if you reallly don't want to keep F.Secure updated in the weekends, make it possible to deactivate it for 3 days, so we could use Windows Defender these days...

• MNielsen

It seems to be solved for now... There was a short break, only. And that was acceptable. Much better than the 3 days.

So, please, DON'T leave the office anymore!!😊

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info