How to backup the ID Protection password database ?

JoRa53
JoRa53 Posts: 2 New Member
edited March 2023 in F-Secure ID Protection

I am actually testing the ID Total. With my old password App Keepass2 there is a file that i can backup for desaster recovery. With ID Protection there is no information, where the passwords are saved. So if the passwords are not synchronized, the passwords are lost ?? Is there only the possibility to export the passwords for desaster and import them after the rebuild of the system ?

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,609 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @JoRa53

Thank you for your reply.

Where is the vault stored

The vault is stored locally in the device. The data will be stored in User Data on your device F-Secure ID PROTECTION privacy policy | F-Secure

is it reasonable to copy it to a backup device for desaster recovery ?

Yes, you may export the password or sync the password to another device to back up the vault also.

By default, your password data is saved in the ExportedPasswords.fsk file (F-Secure ID PROTECTION interchange file) in the specified location.

Note: When you export your Vault data, this file is exported as plain text and can, therefore, be read easily by others. If you need to store this file, store it where it cannot be easily accessed or damaged. Also, remember to delete the file once you have transferred the data Exporting Vault data from the app | ID PROTECTION | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Kindly let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info