F Secure add on blocks the original site of the webshop when paying

Diederik
Diederik Posts: 4 Observer
edited February 2023 in F-Secure Internet Security

When I choose a bank payment on a webshop, the F-Secure add-on blocks the original website of that webshop when I have paid an amount at a bank and the browser has to go back to that original page. And that is not the intention and very annoying.

What am I doing wrong?

(With Firefox version 101.0.01 on a Windows computer)

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,607 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @Diederik

Thank you for your post.

The Banking Protection will be triggered when you are entering a banking website (expected behavior). When the payment transaction have completed and you should be redirected back to original online shopping website, one of the redirect URLs may get incorrectly blocked by our Banking Protection due to incorrect URL rating.

As a precaution you may want to end the Banking Protection session before completing the payment transaction.

In case you face similar situation, please report the blocked URL as a URL sample to our labs via:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/business/support-and-downloads/submit-a-sample

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• GKzzz
    GKzzz Posts: 1 Observer

Today the same issue happend here. I bought something in a webshop, paid it but F-secure blocked the webshopsite after the transaction so I could not return to the site. The result was that I paid; but the order was obviously not ended by the webshop and I did not receive the item I bought.

This is a very anoying behaviour of the banking protection. I experienced this many more times before but not with this result.

Your comment to end the banking protection before completing the payment transaction tells me that this product does not do what it should do and is therefor not trustworthy. If I have to send you all the url's where this happens then there is a serious flaw in your software. It would be nice to repair this flaw asap!

• Diederik
    Diederik Posts: 4 Observer

GKzzz ..., I agree with you.

I've had almost the same problem three times in a week and reported the sites to F-Secure.

I'm getting a little tired of that F-Secure banking protection....

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info