F-Secure and Firefox

suskewiet
suskewiet Posts: 14 Enthusiast
edited January 2023 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hy,

Months ago I switched from Firefox to Google Chrome because there was a problem with an update by Firefox. According to your site, that problem has been solved.

F-Secure is activated and Firefox installed, but I still miss the familiar green check marks in front of trusted website names when I use Firefox. Am I protected if I use F-Secure together with Firefox? Or what should I do to see those green check marks again?

This is a Google Translation from Dutch.

Thanks for your reply.

Suus

Accepted Answer

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @suskewiet

Thank you for your post.

Yes, we are glad to inform you the issue is resolved. We have released a new version of Browsing Protection by F-Secure for Mozilla Firefox which is version 4.1.43.

I would recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the extension on Firefox and rectify if the issue remains after reinstalling.

• Firefox
    1. Paste this address on the address bar in Firefox about:addons
    2. Click on Browsing Protection by F-Secure to check the version
    3. To uninstall the extension, click on 3 dots at the side of Browsing Protection by F-Secure and select Remove
    4. Click Remove again to confirm the uninstallation

Reinstall the browsing protection by F-Secure:

1. Open F-Secure program
    2. Click on Secure Browsing & Banking
    3. Click on Install Firefox extensions under Browser extensions. Note: If the page is blank, select the address bar with the address https://download.sp.f-secure.com/online-safety/fs_firefox_https.xpi or manually paste the address and press Enter on your keyboard and accept the privacy.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• suskewiet

Bedankt voor de snelle reactie, en nog wel in het Nederlands. Hopelijk kan dat hieronder ook.

Op https://community.f-secure.com/safe-nl/kb/articles/9259-de-browserbeveiliging-extensie-van-f-secure-voor-mozilla-firefox-is-weer-beschikbaar is sprake van "Op 22-4-2022 hebben we een bijgewerkte versie van de extensie uitgebracht. Met deze nieuwste release (versie 4.1.20) enz.". Ik heb via configuratiescherm' en 'programma's en onderdelen' F-Secure SAFE opgezocht,en daarbij staat als datum 11/05/2022 en als versie 18.3, wat helemaal iets anders is. Kan ik ergens zien of ik de laatste updates heb, of blijkt dat uit het voorgaande? Of kan ik een link krijgen naar die update van 22/04/2022?

Ik vertrouw het niet zonder die groene vinkjes... Aan wat kan ik nu zien welke site betrouwbaar, te mijden of nog niet beoordeeld is?

Suus

• suskewiet

Hello Amirul,

Thanks to your clear explanation, it worked: the familiar green check marks are back and now I can use Firefox again.

Thank you very much!

Suus

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info