Unable to connect to Freedome

lastrom
lastrom Posts: 2 New Member
edited December 2022 in F-Secure VPN

I'm trying to connect to Freedome but when I press to connect it is just loading. This is the case for many different locations. I also tried to reinstall the program and on another device but nothing seems to work. Can someone please help resolving this?

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee

Hi @lastrom

Thank you for reaching out to F-Secure Community.

With regards to your issue, there might be a few possibilities that might cause the issue with your F-Secure Freedome VPN. We may need to gather information so that I can assist you better.

I'm trying to connect to Freedome but when I press to connect it is just loading. This is the case for many different locations.

If you are connected to your home Wi-Fi broadband, try to create a Wi-Fi hotspot from your mobile device and connect to the hotspot and try to establish the F-Secure Freedome VPN connection again. If you are able to establish the connection, it does mean that your first connection might be having some issue with internet connectivity, or VPN usage is not allowed through that connection.

Another thing that needs to check is if you are traveling there is a certain country not allowing any VPN usage. You can read the article below:

Why does FREEDOME not work in the United Arab Emirates and other Persian Gulf area countries? | FREEDOME | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

I also tried to reinstall the program and on another device but nothing seems to work.

If I may know, what device you have tried the reinstallation of F-Secure Freedome VPN? Just want to confirm, did you try to switch the VPN Protocol on the device? You can also try the troubleshooting steps provided in the post below:

why connection failed? — F-Secure Community

Let me know if there are any troubleshooting steps provided above that can help you to rectify the issue. Looking forward to your update.

• lastrom
    lastrom Posts: 2 New Member

I am trying to connect to my home internet (which has worked before). When I was connected to my personal hotspot it did work, do you know why it might not work any longer with my home network? Are there any settings I might need to change with my home network to make it work?

I am using FREEDOME on my Mac OS.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info