Activating a new subscription

caylan
caylan Posts: 2 New Member
edited November 2022 in F-Secure VPN

i bought the five device package on the 6th of may and i paid through paypal... i have been forced to wipe my computer due to being hacked so i am now going through re-installing software... i see that your site is not straight forward in retrieving id etc as i see a lot of people requesting help in this matter.. and since this has been a long winded run around just for me to get to send this request.. i will if not dealt with i will request my bank to start action/fraudulent to retrieve my money back... i have the trans action id... and will give this on request... if i do not hear anything this will be my next course of action... sorry if this is to blunt but my money was taken immediately yet trying to resolve this issue seems to be a run around so i am not going to engage in this stressful chase to get what i paid for ...... i will log the time and date to use as reference to how customer service is reacting and responding if needed to use as evidence.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,621 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @caylan

Welcome to our Community page. Thank you for your post.

I found that you have a subscription for TOTAL. We would like to request more information on this issue. May I know which product from F-Secure are you having an issue? Is it SAFE, FREEDOME VPN or ID PROTECTION? May I assume that you are not able to activate FREEDOME on your device from your TOTAL subscription? If yes, you may do the following to activate FREEDOME.

If you have F-Secure FREEDOME VPN installed on your computer, you can activate the purchase in the following way:

1. Open F-Secure FREEDOME VPN program on your computer
    2. Select Subscription tab
    3. Select Activate Subscription
    4. Select on Log in 
    5. Login with My F-Secure details
    6. Name your device and accept the activation 

​If you do not have F-Secure FREEDOME VPN installed on your computer:

1. Log in to My F-Secure on the device you want to you use F-Secure FREEDOME VPN on.
    2. Go to TOTAL apps
    3. Click on Freedome
    4. Click Install Freedome
    5. Select My Device then click Continue
    6. Select This computer then click Download for Windows or Mac
    7. Save the installation file and open it to begin the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.

On our community post you can find further instructions on how to activate F-Secure FREEDOME VPN as F-Secure TOTAL user for mobile devices: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-TOTAL/How-do-I-install-FREEDOME-VPN/ta-p/110754

This needs to be done as the license is attached to My F-Secure account, just like in F-Secure SAFE.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• caylan
    caylan Posts: 2 New Member

since this is just becoming a run around that i am no longer engaging in i will just have to get my bank to start fraudulent action to get my money back... i did not want to do this as i want the item package i paid for but this long winded procedure is un necessary you took my money immediately yet i have to go on a run around to get my item or money back... you need to fix your website

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info