Freedome stops access to virtualbox host only adapter

h0elkyn
h0elkyn Posts: 2 New Member
edited September 2022 in F-Secure VPN

https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/123330/freedome-cannot-access-virtual-box-host-only-network-when-vpn-on

I looked the above post. I have the same problem. When FREEDOME VPN is ON, I constantly get ssh connection denied to my Linux machine on VirtualBox Hostonly adapter. This does not happen when Freedome is switched off.

So, definitely, Freedome is setting some rules via route command or otherwise, which is causing this to happen. Any pointers or fixes would be highly appreciated. No one likes to switch off VPN while working.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,634 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @h0elkyn

I have deleted your previous comment to protect your information. Kindly do not share your personal information in the Community page.

Kindly enable automatic killswitch to assist you with connection issues on your Windows machine.

To enable the feature on Windows:

1. Open the Freedome user interface
    2. Go to Settings
    3. You'll see "use automatic killswitch to cut off internet connection if the VPN connection is disrupted"
    4. Tick the box to enable automatic kill switch

And we do not support virtual operating system environment. Due to unsupported platform, connection issue might occur.

Kindly let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you and stay safe.

Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,634 Community Manager

Hi @h0elkyn

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry, F-Secure FREEDOME VPN is only supported on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android device. And we do not have official support for the virtual environment. 

Hence, due to this situation, it may cause this case where there is something causing the network connection.

For more information on supported platforms, you may go to this link F-Secure FREEDOME VPN — Secure and private browsing | F-Secure

Thank you and stay safe.

• h0elkyn
    h0elkyn Posts: 2 New Member

Hi. I am using FREEDOME VPN on Windows. I have Oracle virtual box installed. Using Freedome affects the network adapters on the computer - Virtual box network adapter being one of them.

Please suggest a suitable fix for this. I would also say that this problem did not occur on previous versions of Freedome. I have used my Virtual box adapter normally with Freedome VPN installed on my computer. So, either this is a regression or is a side effect of something new that was implemented.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info