import from bitwarden

ataru
ataru Posts: 1 New Member
edited December 2022 in F-Secure ID Protection

it's possible imposrt password from Bitwarden? bitwarden export csv file but i try import and fsecure give me an error. thankyou

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @ataru @La_sol

Bitwarden could be manually edited and exported in json (encrypted or cleartext) and CSV (cleartext) but with some technical skills required. There's no way to do a bulk import from Bitwarden to ID Protection. If the Bitwarden CSV can be manually edited, then that trick can be used to import but you need to be technically oriented to be able to do this. Here's the shell script below which seems to convert Bitwarden's export CSV into Edge format which IDP recognizes;

(echo "name,url,username,password"; cut -d, -f 4,8,9,10 < bitwarden_export.csv | grep , | tail +2) > bitwarden_export_as_edge.csv # in case anyone else needs

Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @ataru

Sincere apologies for the late response.

We don't have support for importing from Bitwarden format. F-Secure ID Protection can read a number of csv formats (Chrome/Edge/KeepassX/Lastpass/dashlane), so if the Bitwarden csv can be manually edited, I can pass you the shell script to convert the Bitwarden's exported csv into Edge format which IDP recognizes.

• La_sol
    La_sol Posts: 4 Observer

Hi! I'm also looking into switching from Bitwarden to ID Protection. Could you please pass those instructions to me as well?

• La_sol
    La_sol Posts: 4 Observer

"Technically oriented" didn't really specify what is actually needed in order to do this. I can help, in case any other Windows user needs to do this. This isn't a super detailed list and some nuances you need to figure out, but mostly this is what you need to do:

1. Enable Windows PoweShell.
    2. Enable Windows Developer Features
    3. Use Power Shell to enable Windows Linux Subsystem
    4. Install WSL from MS Store, search for the support article if needed, I used the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
    5. Save the script (I modified it with the -n) into an .sh file: (echo "name,url,username,password"; cut -d, -f 4,8,9,10 < bitwarden_export.csv | grep , | tail -n +2) > bitwarden_export_as_edge.csv
    6. Use the Linux shell to run your script file with Bash-command: bash ./yourscript.sh
    7. I think that was it. I was doing this in the middle of the night dead tired so I might have left something out. Let us know how you do, if you try this!
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info