Freedome shows pop-up of activated subscription, but the app itself says it's expired

Jefferey
Jefferey Posts: 3 New Member
edited August 2022 in F-Secure VPN

Hey uh, does anyone know what's wrong?

I had a freedome subscription before in this device, but currently using a different account. I thought it might got to do with that if it helps

I've tried reinstalling, logging out and such, but the problem still persists

any help would be appreciated thanks

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jefferey

May I ask, where did you buy the Freedome VPN subscription/code from? From us or from Google Play Store? I can see that you have a 30-day trial of F-Secure TOTAL subscription. TOTAL comprises of SAFE, Freedome VPN and ID Protection from which you have activated Freedome 30 days trial on your Android, I presume, hence it will show expiring or expired if it's from another expired or trial subscription.

You need to log out Freedome from that device then use the code or restore Play Store purchases.

Please follow the instructions here.

See Freedome VPN subscription options in the KB article here.

Answers

• Jefferey

this also happens on my android device, any help would be really appreciated

• Jefferey

Hello @Jaims, thanks for responding

I activated the trial through my computer from your website. I've tried signing in and out of both devices but it didn't fix the problem

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Jefferey

You had earlier mentioned;

I had a freedome subscription before in this device, but currently using a different account. I thought it might got to do with that if it helps

May I know, where did you purchase this subscription from? If you let us know where, then we can guide you on how to reactivate it and get rid of the expired subscription.

After signing out, you did not have to sign in using the same credentials. You need to use the credential or code of the active subscription you have purchased (if any).

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info