With freedome on audio apps keep stopping

Sarah_E25
Sarah_E25 Posts: 2 New Member
edited August 2022 in F-Secure VPN

Samsung S 21 phone with Freedome on What's App, Spotify, and BBC Sounds all stop after 3 mins. Tried all kinds of ways to fix it and only when I turned Freedome off did the problem resolve....

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @Sarah_E25

There are different ways to uninstall an app on this Android device. See some steps here on this Samsung support page.

To install Freedome VPN on an Android device, please follow the instructions in the below KB article

Once the installation is completed, follow the steps below to change your battery optimization settings.

• Go to Settings
    • Click on Apps
    • Click on Freedome
    • Click on Battery
    • Click on Optimize battery usage
    • Click on All (apps), here, Freedome VPN, should be unselected i.e. "don't optimize"
    • (if already set as don't optimize, enable and then disable again the optimization in case that would make it effective)

Let us know the outcome, please.

Answers

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    edited January 2022

Hi @Sarah_E25

Thank you for reaching out to F-Secure Community.

Samsung S 21 phone with Freedome on What's App, Spotify, and BBC Sounds all stop after 3 mins.

Can you confirm when this issue happen, are you still able to access the internet? Maybe you're still able to use YouTube and other apps without any issue.

Tried all kinds of ways to fix it and only when I turned Freedome off did the problem resolve....

Just want to confirm if you did try to troubleshoot by reinstalling the F-Secure Freedome VPN ?

Looking forward to your update.

• Sarah_E25
    Sarah_E25 Posts: 2 New Member

yes, I was still able to access the internet. No, I haven't tried reinstalling f secure freedome VPN as I haven't had the time to figure out how to do that. so freedome is turned off and those Apps including what's app calls are now all running fine without interruption.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info