When Will Freedome Be Native Apple Silicon?

Danno
Danno Posts: 41 Contributor
edited July 2022 in F-Secure VPN

Hello, I recently purchased a 2021 MBP Pro. Activity Monitor shows latest release using Intel Rosseta. When will a native release happen? I am surprised such a low level software runs on Rosetta!

Accepted Answer

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @Danno

Thank you for your patience and support.

As of now, our team is looking into this but might take some time. Of course, getting Freedome VPN to run natively on MacOS is our next important thing but it will take sometime as it involves many components.

We want to release stable version that will not cause any issue in the future.

Answers

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    edited December 2021

Hi @Danno

Thank you for contacting F-Secure.

I may need to check with my team regarding this and will get back to you once I have any update. In the meantime, currently we did have some issue with F-Secure SAFE running on Apple M1 device and currently we are still trying to rectify this issue.

• Danno

Any update from team? Can't recommend Freedome to others that have moved to Apple Silicon and are now more concerned about privacy.

• Danno

I guess F-Secure programers used some assembler then for why taking so long. The future of Apple is Apple Silicon! Next product release will complete the transition.

• Danno
    edited January 2022

Thank you! BTW I designed, built, and programmed in Assembler for Z80 an embedded floppy disk DVR 1989 at Beloit College for my Digital Design class project. Why? In physics class we would argue over the VCR playback of the HP Oscilloscope signal. I didn't know nor did anyone tell me HP didn't have a DVR for their products yet! I left it in class with all documentation when semester ended. Programming the Metal lets you know computers are not magic and how to optimize routines that need heavy lifting. Are you guys using assembler at all? I know ESET uses it.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info