Database is out of date

System
System Posts: 130 Enthusiast
This discussion was created from comments split from: Website Secure or not.

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I keep getting a pop up that says that my protection is off and that my database is out of date.

It is good to know how you get this information. Is this a system notification or from the F-Secure solution itself?

Also, how often do you get it? And are there any special requirements for getting these pop-ups (timing, action)? And what the pop-up looks like (if a screenshot is possible).

I click on the update box and then it says that I need administrator rights to edit some settings. It eventually takes me to a screen that says that it has just done an update check and it was successful.

Could you also provide information on which F-Secure solution you have (F-Secure AV, F-Secure IS / F-Secure SAFE or something else) and which platform (Windows, Mac, anything else)?

As such, for example, Windows F-Secure SAFE does indeed with some requirements for administrator rights to edit Settings (for instance, changing scanning options, browsing protection tweaks and some other ones). It should also provide the ability to use "check for updates" even with user rights. So, if solution then reports "successful" state - that, at least, nothing wrong with its try (unless very tricky modifications to system 'network' area).

The update history seems to show that it's been updating several times a day for at least the last week or two.

F-Secure SAFE may inform you about "out-to-date" state and you will need to check for updates if you haven't done so in a week or so. For example, you did not boot your device / system (or did not use a network connection) and then you finally got access. So, such notice may disappear without your participation too. Since there will be an automatic check for the availability of an update for some time after the system boots. However, maybe your experience is about something else and you hit another kind of situation.

Thus, good if you will a bit more information. And, for example, some screenshots with "pop-ups" look.

Do I need to worry about these messages.

And these ones.

// in fact, if your system is not supported (officially) anymore - you may also be with some differences about 'actual' up-to-date situation. // Also, Windows (if this is your platform) from time to time may report about something like "AV solution is snoozed and and your device may be unprotected" (or so) by Windows Security Center - if it is so - need to investigate too.

Thanks!

Answers

• workgoats
    workgoats Posts: 1 New Member

I keep getting a pop up that says that my protection is off and that my database is out of date. I click on the update box and then it says that I need administrator rights to edit some settings. It eventually takes me to a screen that says that it has just done an update check and it was successful.

The update history seems to show that it's been updating several times a day for at least the last week or two.

Do I need to worry about these messages.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info