Please !!! add browser extension support for Vivaldi Browser (also other chromium based browsers)

Kennyfs
Kennyfs Posts: 2 New Member

Since there are still plenty of users that in the world are using various chromium-based browser not just microsoft edge.

For myself personally I'm a Vivaldi user and also a F-secure SAFE user. I know that without the browser extension, the internet security function from the f-secure safe will be extremely less effective, the f-secure safe will be likely to function as an anti-virus only without that crucial internet protection extension support.

Dear developer, I knew that majority of the users are using browsers like chrome, firefox, edge etc, but please do consider that there are about 20% of the users that are using other browsers (most of them are either chromium based or firefox engine based), and i happens to be one of them, so please do put this in mind.

Please add more support to the rest of the chromium-based browser like Vivaldi or perhaps opera, not just microsoft edge, technically since these browsers all using the same engine, guys I believe it's not going to be hard to make this happen, pleasssse!!!

1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager

Hi,

The chromium extension works already in Brave and Opera. We also have Vivaldi in the backlog, but no date when to add it yet.

-Cale

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager

Hi,

Vivaldi support added. This will be available in about month.

-Cale

• boc
    boc Posts: 2 Observer

Can't seem to get this to work for Vivaldi or Brave on Mac OS.

• boc
    boc Posts: 2 Observer

https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/comment/133395#Comment_133395A workaround seems to involve installing Google Chrome (which I didn't really want to add to my machine at all) and then go to "Install Browser Extension" in F-Secure Secure Browsing Settings, choosing "Google Chrome" as the option, copying the URL from Chrome and pasting it into a tab in Brave and a tab in Vivaldi. It takes you to a "Browsing protection by F-Secure" page in the Chrome Web Store.

For some reason, though, "Browsing protection by F-Secure" does not show up in search results using the terms "F-Secure" or "Browsing protection by F-Secure" in the Chrome Web Store search box.

• Veikkonen
    Veikkonen Posts: 1 New Member

Doesn't seem to work in vivaldi, authorization code invalid error each time.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Doesn't seem to work in vivaldi, authorization code invalid error each time.

F-Secure Browsing Protection addon should work probably.

Did you try F-Secure Password Vault (autofill) addon instead?