F-Secure IS adding a green checkmark to Windows desktop icons?

phunsoft
phunsoft Posts: 7 Observer

There was an update to F-Secure IS 18.1 today on my Windows 10 machine. allover a sudden, all (well almost all) desktop icons have got a green checkmark overlayed at the bottem right. The checkmark looks exaclty like the chekmark F-Secure IS adds to verified search results in the browser. Does F-Secure modify Windows desktop icons? If so, how can I switch that off?

Regards

PEter

Accepted Answer

• phunsoft
    Answer ✓

OneDrive is not active.

But as sudden as they appeared, they disappeared again. When I logged into my PC today to check OnDrive status, The check marks were gone. Huh? What's going on here?

Anyway, the problem ihas vanisched for the time being.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user. Sorry for my reply.

I have not seen anything like it. But I haven't used F-Secure IS for a long time. If it is not something specific to this solution, could it be from any backup / cloud storage solutions like OneDrive, Google Drive or so?

At least, if I will try to use this sentence as "search query":

green checkmark to Windows desktop icons

then, most of search results are discussions about OneDrive (or other security solutions). Some of them:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/691737/green-check-marks-on-desktop-icons/

Could your check it? I mean, if that view is close your experience. And if so - then Microsoft community discussion may be useful. Otherwise (if no any cloud solutions in use), the first URL with some tricks to clear cache.

Thanks!

• phunsoft

Thanks for that tip. I don't use any cloud service at all. But I'll check if OneDrive got activated inadvertently (can't imagine, but you never know how Microsoft tries trick you into features you don't want).

Peter

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info