Big Sur 11.4 Report Full Disk Access False Positive

Misha1Gl
Misha1Gl Posts: 1 New Member
edited April 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

Just updated Mac OS Big Sur to 11.4 and I get a message from F-Secure Safe saying that it cannot protect without full access to my MiniMac disk. When I go to the privacy preferences, F-Secure still has access and yet the programme claims it doesn't. Do F-Secure need to update their programmes?

Accepted Answers

• Lucaseuropa
    Lucaseuropa Posts: 301 Rock Star
    Answer ✓

Dear @Misha1Gl,

Thank you very much for your question.

Please note that after upgrading the Mac OS to Big Sur 11.4, the F-Secure SAFE main UI window falsely reports that Full Disk Access is missing. This issue is only affecting customers running the latest release of Big Sur 11.4 due to changes made by Apple.

There is no degradation in protective capabilities provided by SAFE. This is just a cosmetic issue which is only visible in the main UI window ("false positive" warning).

This issue is fixed in SAFE for Mac version 17.10 MR2 (build 37976), which was released to production on 2021-05-25. This upgrade will happen automatically, and there is no actions needed by customers.

I hope that the above was helpful.

• ArthurVal
    ArthurVal Posts: 233 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi again, @Putter!

Just got a word from the release team that the update for Telenor (Sweden) has just been published. Your existing installation should detect the update within 9 hours and it will update itself automatically.

Please let me know if you don't get the update by tomorrow. We'll take a closer look.

Best regards, Arthur

SAFE Mac R&D Team

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

Answers

• Putter
    Putter Posts: 6 Explorer

Oh nice to hear..I unstilted -SAFE from several Mac here at home, because I thought it really was failing... but when I log into my f-secure account to redownload the app to install it.. I come to the "choose what device You want to install on, where I would normally choose Mac and then download the app... now there shows nothing both in safari and in firefox... just a button that tells me to proceed but it can't be klicked... I am stumped... don't know how to reinstall SAFE again... so right now I'm relying on a bunch of free antivirus apps from apple App Store... please how do I download it again on Big Sur 11.4 ??

• Putter

Seems like the portal is broken, but if You got an downloaded install file You can use it... still no update here in Sweden for the build 37976.. so still weird error message about "full disc access"

• zorglub
    zorglub Posts: 1 New Member

I am starting my trial of F-Secure CP and RDR and this error is also there. Build is still 17.10 36471 though (and macOS is Big Sur 11.4)

• leifoskar
    leifoskar Posts: 1 New Member

I have updated my MacOS Big Sur to version 11.5, and the error is still there

• laxtloke
    laxtloke Posts: 2 Observer

Hi,

Problem returned after i updated to Big Sur 11.5.

• Lucaseuropa
    Lucaseuropa Posts: 301 Rock Star
    edited July 2021

Dear @leifoskar and @laxtloke ,

Thank you for reporting that, I've just updated my MacOS to Big Sur 11.5 myself and will be testing that for you.

I will also report that for our product team to investigate further. Should I have any information for you, I will let you know.

EDIT

I couldn't recreate the issue on my machine, may I know which program exactly you are using @laxtloke? I'm wondering whether the issue concerns only a modified versions such as Telia Trygg Surf.

• laxtloke
    laxtloke Posts: 2 Observer

Hi.

I am using normal version from PSB-portal @leifoskar

-laxtloke

• swebit
    swebit Posts: 1 New Member

Hi all,

I have the exact same problem and I have had it for some time now. After upgrading to macOS Big Sur 11.5 the problem returned. I guess F-secure fixed the problem short before 11.5 was released.

I have 4 MacBook Pro´s that shows this false positive message. I hope there will be a fix shortly.

Thanx,

-=swebit=-

• Rusli
    Rusli Posts: 1,012 Influencer

Please take note that macos have release a newer version 11.5.1.

• ArthurVal

@Rusli @swebit @laxtloke @Putter hey there,

The issue with Full Disk Access warning has been caused by macOS Big Sur 11.4.

SAFE 17.10 release (build 37976) addresses it and fixes it on all Big Sur versions up to the most recent version 11.5.2. We need to make sure that you are running the version that includes the fix.

Could you please share which version of SAFE you have installed? You can see the version by clicking on the SAFE icon in the macOS menubar. Thanks.

For example, I can see "Version: 17.10 (37976)" on my machine in the drop down menu after clicking the SAFE icon.

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

• Putter

Still using Version 17.10 (36018)

on Big Sur 11.5.2 seems SAFE does not update the program files... ? does it matter that my SAFE is provided by (not branded by) my ISP Telenor here in Sweden?

• ArthurVal

Hi, @Putter!

Yes, indeed. It seems that the latest version of SAFE Mac available to Telenor (Sweden) is 17.10 (36018). That is why SAFE does not update to 17.10 (37976) for you.

So it's an older version that does not include the fix that we need here. I'll double-check internally when the update for Telenor is planned to be released and will let you know once I have something to share.

BR, Arthur

SAFE Mac R&D Team

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

• Putter

I did not update automatically, I hade to go into my Telenor SAFE-portal and withdraw every Mac license and redownload and tell it I was installing it for myself and all that but now tis working with a Telenor Icon in the menu bar and all, thank You so much for Your time, patience and above all Your help!

• Lars_L66
    Lars_L66 Posts: 1 New Member

What was the solution of this. My operator is Telia and I have exactly the same message as Leifoskar above.

I am running Big Sur 11.6 and my version of Trygg Surf is 17.10 (36673). I have reinstalled it, but the problem remains. Telia cannot help me

• steinarer
    steinarer Posts: 1 New Member

Same here - however my F-Secure Safe is from the Norwegian branch of Telia and is called "Telia Sikkerhet".

I'm running Big Sur 11.6 and I'm getting the 36018 build.

• ArthurVal
    edited October 2021

Hello, @Lars_L66 @steinarer,

The latest build available for operators is 17.10 (37976). Both of the above mentioned build numbers are old versions which do not include the fix for this issue.

As far as I can see, there are no ongoing preparations on F-Secure side to release SAFE updates for Trygg Surf and Telia Sikkerhet at the moment. I would advise you to contact customer support of these operators and inform them that F-Secure can provide a fixed version upon request. These operators should request an update from F-Secure to get the fixed version deployed.

Best regards, Arthur

SAFE Mac R&D Team

Best regards, Arthur

Mac R&D Team

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info