Uninstall ID protection in Mac to get new password syncronised

EikkaJortan
EikkaJortan Posts: 4 Observer
edited December 2021 in F-Secure ID Protection

I found this below instruction to delete old password in Mac, however I was helped by support staff with unistall tool which did not help in problem in question field. Now I wish to know if uninstall tool should remove old password as well? Anyway my Mac does not accept new password used in other devices even it recognises that i have new password set up in ipad and android phones.

***********'

On Mac computer

1. Open a Terminal:
    1. Open the Applications folder
    2. Open the Utilities folder
    3. Double-click Terminal
  2. Use the Terminal to run the following two commands:
    • rm -r "/Applications/F-Secure ID PROTECTION.app" (This removes the app from your computer.)
    • rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr (This removes the local storage from your computer.)

You have now removed the app and its data from your computer and you can now install a fresh F-Secure ID PROTECTION again. Alternately, if you have ID PROTECTION already in use on some other device, you can sync the devices.

Cheers,

Lucas

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    edited June 2021

Hey @EikkaJortan,

From what I can see, my collegae Nicholas from the Customer Care department is currently helping you with your problem, please reply to his latest email from yesterday.

Thank you 🙂

• EikkaJortan

I saw it, thanks. My problem is that he is asking me to find suitable time slot he could assist me. It is not possible right now and was thinking to get better understanding if I can do this myself. And why uninstall tool did not remove data, or it has done and something else is preventing new pasword to be used.

• [Deleted User]

Dear @EikkaJortan,

To remove the product completely from your computer and start from scratch (meaning installing ID Protection again and setting up a new Master Password), you need to remove both the F-Secure ID PROTECTION app and the local storage (containing your Vault data) separately.

Before you start removing the app, make sure that the app is no longer running.

To remove the product from your computer:

1. Open the command prompt:
      1. Open the Applications folder.
      2. Open the Utilities folder.
      3. Double-click Terminal.
    2. Use the command line to run the following commands:
      • rm -r "/Applications/ID PROTECTION.app" (This removes the app from your computer.)
      • rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr (This removes the local storage from your computer.)

• EikkaJortan

Dear Lucaeuropa,

I have solved the problem in mac. The issue was that LAST character in my NEW password was special symbol “CARET” i.e. <^> .  ID protection stops when <^> is entered and does not do anything until another symbol is entered. As it was last symbol in my password, I could not change password because ID protection was frozen and waiting another symbol which was never entered because as I explained . I propose to correct ID protection for this issue.  

Thank you very many

EikkaJortan

• [Deleted User]

Dear @EikkaJortan,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it's much appreciated!

ID protection stops when <^> is entered and does not do anything until another symbol is entered.

May I ask whether it's indeed this (^) symbol? I create it by pressing Shift + number "6" on my keyboard. Is that the case or does it concern some other special sign? I'm asking because I've tried to recreate the issue on my MacOS machine, but I was able to type that sign without any problems.

If that's the case, I will then immediately report this as an issue. Once again, thanks for all your replies 🙂

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info