Uninstall ID protection in Mac to get new password syncronised
I found this below instruction to delete old password in Mac, however I was helped by support staff with unistall tool which did not help in problem in question field. Now I wish to know if uninstall tool should remove old password as well? Anyway my Mac does not accept new password used in other devices even it recognises that i have new password set up in ipad and android phones.
On Mac computer
- Open a Terminal:
- Open the Applications folder
- Open the Utilities folder
- Double-click Terminal
- Use the Terminal to run the following two commands:
- rm -r "/Applications/F-Secure ID PROTECTION.app" (This removes the app from your computer.)
- rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr (This removes the local storage from your computer.)
You have now removed the app and its data from your computer and you can now install a fresh F-Secure ID PROTECTION again. Alternately, if you have ID PROTECTION already in use on some other device, you can sync the devices.