Explorer.exe freezes when F-Secure is processing a threat

qzlqz
qzlqz Posts: 3 New Member
edited January 2022 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hi,

I have noticed that when F-Secure detects and processes a new or complex malware sample (typically detected as Trojan:W32/Generic.xxx!Online or something like Trojan.TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen) and I right click on it, Explorer.exe is likely to temporarily freeze. After the disinfection process completes, everything returns to normal.

In my opinion, this is probably because F-Secure is looking for online virus definitions or employing some advanced heuristic detection technique to identify and remove new threats.

That being said, I still hope F-Secure can improve the detection and disinfection process, so that Explorer.exe does not freeze or crash.

Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @qzlqz

It's hard to say since there are many variables that could affect that. It could be the disinfection process that took quite a lot of the resources which could contribute to the freezing.

A similar case that was recently reported had no freezing issue reported but if you face such in the near future, there could be need for you to get a diagnostic log for us to investigate further.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info