Connectivity issues

KelPennypacker
KelPennypacker Posts: 1 New Member
edited November 2021 in F-Secure VPN

Hi!

I have been having connectivity issues for the past couple of months. There are two things that keep on happening.

The first is that it sometimes takes way too long to connect to the server after unlocking the phone or that it won’t connect until I manually turn it off and then back on. Then it connects right away, which makes me believe that there’s some bug or issue that may be causing this. I have on the setting “Keep VPN on when device is idle”.

The other is that it jumps in and out of connectivity quite often. Which is annoying because the site or app freezes while using it. It also comes up that I’m no longer connected to the internet.

I have tried changing to IKEv2, but the same issues remain. Have also tried removing VPN settings as well as reinstalling the app. On the computer everything seems to work fine so it’s probably something with the mobile app.

--

Freedome Version 3.2.4.8177

iPhone12,8 iOS 14.4.1

Accepted Answers

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion
    Answer ✓

Hi @KelPennypacker

This following method has been known to fix connectivity issues for some users. However, it is only necessary if you are trying to connect to your VPN via WiFi. 

On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular on your iPhone and turn off the switch next to Cellular Data., and enable WiFi only to reconnecting to your VPN. 

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Marie_Jo

May I first propose that you upgrade your Freedome version to latest which is 3.3.0.8392 and if the issue persists, try to explore the Automatic WiFi Protection feature by turning it On and adding the affected network as trusted network?

Lets see if this helps rectify the connectivity issue.

Answers

• Marie_Jo
    Marie_Jo Posts: 4 Observer

hello , indeed these options helped a lot, but still I seem to have issues. I have a WiFi mesh at home and when I change rooms. The vpn blocks somehow. WiFi is connected, but the WiFi sign disappears and even FaceTime connections getting bad connection messages and break off.

• Marie_Jo

I’m considering to stop my subscription ,because wifi is blocked every time I pick up my Phone. Wifi is connected, but no signal. I need to switch off wifi and switch on , then vpn is reconnecting for some time before actually working ok. If Vpn is turned off wifi is not interrupted.

• Marie_Jo

Ho Jaims, thanks for help. I have the latest version. I switched on protected WiFi and trust the local WiFi. I hope this helps. And I will keep you posted.

• Marie_Jo

Hi Jaims. Yes it is solved. WiFi stays connected and working. Great! Thank you. Feel much safer now.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info