How to transfer a F-safe protection on a PC from one Familly member account to another one of the

marc_perrin
marc_perrin Posts: 5 New Member
edited November 2021 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hi,

How to transfer a F-safe protection on a PC from one Family member account to another one of the same F-secure account?

I was unable to do it!

Thanks

Answers

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Do you mean on the same device? I think if you have F-Secure installed on one device, it should cover all user accounts on that device.

• marc_perrin

No.

I got a F-Secure account with the Total formula.

I create within this account a account for my spouse Florence. But I was unabled to install F-Secure on her new PC. I had to do it as my device (Marc).

How to transfer the installation to have its PC appearing as her's?

• Simon

Assuming you've purchased a licence for more than one device, you just need to log in to your portal at: https://www.f-secure.com/gb-en/home/login on her PC and add her PC as a new device.

• marc_perrin

Yes I got a licence for 7 devices.

I attached the 2 screenshots showing that there is no button to add a device in Florence's page.

• Simon

What if you click your name on her machine?

• marc_perrin
  • Simon
    edited May 2021

So, if Florence is the F in the circle, and you clicked on the M in the circle to the right of the F, you got the screenshot above?

Also, I note that it says 0/7 disposable licences, so I assume all of your licences have been used. So, you would need to release one device (in your My F-secure portal) for a licence to be made available.

I also note that there appears to already be two devices registered to Florence, so you should be able to release one of those licences and install it on her machine.

Maybe this guide will help you better than I can:

How to install SAFE | SAFE | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    edited May 2021

Hey @marc_perrin !

Thank you for your question, let me try to provide you with more information about sharing a subscription with a friend or a family member.

From the screenshots above I can tell that you've already invited Florence into your My F-Secure group. This allows Florence to protect her devices using your available licenses. The person you add as a family member or a friend will receive an invitation email that allows them to set up their My F-Secure sub account. It means that Florence has now her own, personal My F-Secure sub account.

If the sub-user (Florence) does not remember her password, she can have it reset by clicking on the Forgot your password link then type in their email address. The reset password link would be sent to the email address. For more information on how to reset My F-Secure account password please click here.

The sub user can install F-Secure SAFE by following these instructions:

I hope that the above was helpful. Let us know what other questions you might have 🙂

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info