Autoscan flash disk when inserted

Options

Hello,

I recently migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (performed a clean install of the latter). In Windows 7 a window always popped-up when inserting a flash disk, suggesting to scan the contens of the flash disk. In Windows this does not happen. I checked the settings and made sure that the On/Off switch (Tools>Change Scanning settings>USB Storage devices) is On.

I prefer being prompted for scanning a USB device when iserted, so please infor howto get this function working again.

Thanks, Gijs

Accepted Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @pinok !

In addition to what @Ukko has already wrote, please bear in mind that you are using a modified version of our software offered by XS4ALL.

It might be a good idea to reinstall the software and see whether it will trigger the pop-up message then.

Also, you might try to fiddle with the scheduled scan settings, please check this out.

• pinok
    pinok Posts: 2 New Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Lucas and Ukko,

Thanks for your prompt replies. The absence of the pop-up was indeed caused by a windows setting, i.e. Focus Assist. I had configured Focus Assist to only show alarms, while the remaining messages were kept in the Action Centre. I opened the Action Centre and, yes, here they were!

I changed the Focus Assist setting to "Priority Only" and now the pop-up appeared again, as in the screenshot below:

Once again, thank you for the adequate response!

Regards, Gijs

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Maybe you could try to check Windows 10 settings. For example, "Notifications and Actions" place.

Described there (but, maybe, is not about the most recent Windows 10 look): Change notification settings in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Notifications options: is it enabled itself. And if yes, F-Secure solution listed or not (as software which allowed to give them).

Thanks!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    edited March 2021
    Options

Dear @pinok ,

Thank you for sharing with us your findings! ☺️

I'm glad to know that everything works now exactly as it supposed to.

Take care, groetjes! 👋

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info