Issues with IDP after update

System
System Posts: 130 Enthusiast
This discussion was created from comments split from: Announcement: New version of ID PROTECTION 5.4.0 for Android & iOS.

Comments

• User_73572
    User_73572 Posts: 2 New Member

1) After the update the export file with all password information is emty!

2) The order off password items in the vault is constant changing.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

1) After the update the export file with all password information is emty!

2) The order off password items in the vault is constant changing.

Because this topic is about update of ID Protection for mobile platforms, could you provide a bit more information (though, actually both points are partially about my own experience at the time).

Was it an upgrade from F-Secure KEY to F-Secure ID Protection? Or was it a regular update to F-Secure ID Protection?

If the second setting, with previous version of F-Secure ID Protection was it possible to export passwords? Also, did you mean that entire export file is indeed empty (no any entry at all) and if so - what is output when you exported? I mean, what F-Secure ID Protection tell about it? Success or count of exported items, or something else?

Anyway, this one point and the second point are sounds a bit as the "shadow" of upgrade from F-Secure KEY to F-Secure ID Protection. And maybe trouble with "order" was also discussed there: https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/123594/how-do-i-see-my-passwords-in-password-name-order

Maybe, there are some workarounds. Or can be fixes by further updates. But, perhaps, reinstallation is also a kind of fix. However, good to keep copy/backup of your entries / passwords somehow.

Thanks!

• RedJim
    RedJim Posts: 15 Observer

I have the same issue:

-Some old passwords are invisible on PC ID protection but visible and searchable on IOS version

-Exporting from PC results in o entries despite (mostly) populated password list on PC

-Password analysis on PC indicates there are no passwords added yet (though many entries in vault)

Issues seems to have arisen after the recent iOS app version update...

• Ukko

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user.

-Some old passwords are invisible on PC ID protection but visible and searchable on IOS version

-Exporting from PC results in o entries despite (mostly) populated password list on PC

-Password analysis on PC indicates there are no passwords added yet (though many entries in vault)

seems to have arisen after the recent iOS app version update...

There is also another discussion about F-Secure KEY trouble: https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/123695/after-upgrade-to-v5-1-1851-0-on-windows-10-master-password-is-no-longer-accepted

where I managed to get the trouble, which you described. Or a kind of so (only with Windows client in use; or with Android in another case).

Thus, some points to know:

• does your experience about upgrade (at some point) from F-Secure KEY to F-Secure ID Protection?
    • was your F-Secure KEY long time in use (some years)?

My understanding and potential fixes (or tries) for your situation:

-- to check if there is anything huge (on iOS device, where all passwords/entries are visible). Note field or some other fields. A lot of letters/characters/lines/texts.

-- about any entries with "no title".

If nothing like that, how many passwords have you stored in F-Secure ID Protection?

by the way, good to keep / create something like backup of your entries (or, at least, one device with access to entries and no ways to sync it somehow to broken state). Just for sure.

Thanks!

• RedJim
    RedJim Posts: 15 Observer

Yes, it seems likely to be a related problem.

I have used Key for years before the updates to ID protection and have ~700 passwords.

I do not know how many passwords are invisible on the PC desktop version without going through them one by one, but the one that I was trying to find has several lines of text in the notes field (not 100s of characters). I see the thread you link to reports some issues associated with notes also.

I updated the name of the existing invisible password: it did not appear on the PC. I deleted carriage returns in the notes section so that characters were on a single line: it did not appear on the PC.

I deleted the (long) hyperlink for the password: it DID appear on the PC.

So the issue seems to relate to passwords becoming invisible on the desktop version of ID protection when the hyperlink field is above a certain character length. This probably then causes follow-on issues that prevent password analysis from working and passwords from being exported. Hopefully this bug can be resolved without having to manually delete weblinks from old passwords on a phone, which is not a practical solution.

• Ukko
    edited February 2021

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and response! And for further analysis.

I deleted the (long) hyperlink for the password: it DID appear on the PC.

So the issue seems to relate to passwords becoming invisible on the desktop version of ID protection when the hyperlink field is above a certain character length. This probably then causes follow-on issues that prevent password analysis from working and passwords from being exported. Hopefully this bug can be resolved without having to manually delete weblinks from old passwords on a phone, which is not a practical solution.

It's great that you figured out one missed entry. If you manage to identify some more hidden ones, then it would be nice to check that the problem is in the URL indeed. I think, it is possible that something "too long" is enough for any place (title, username, …). In my experience I have added to all fields (so, I did not check properly).

Or even with a certain "form / pattern" of entry in storage (created a long time ago and which differs from the current one).

Also, the mentioned topic is actually about situation when master password is not accepted (but should). Which may or may not be related. But I did not manage to get such an impact "on purpose". // If both situations are about different background, it can be something about path / user profile name. Not computer name (because my setup is about tricky enough computer name).

Anyway, it will be really good if both(?) troubles can be fixed in a user-friendly way.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info