How do I see my passwords in password name order?

Hi. I've recently upgraded from F-Secure KEY to ID Protection (6th January 2021). I'm running ID Protection on a Windows 10 laptop with Edge Version 87.0.664.75 (Official build) (64-bit). What I notice is that most but not all of my passwords appear in alphanumeric order. For example, I'm seeing passwords "A1", "B1", "C1" ... "X1", "Y1", "Z1" and then I get "A2", "B2", "C2" ... "X2", "Y2", "Z2" right at the end of the list when I would expect to see them in the sequence "A1", "A2", "B1", "B2" and so on (NB: these are obviously just examples I'm using). I don't get this behaviour on the app installed on my android device. Is there a way to see all passwords in name order?

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

I am not entirely sure I understood your situation correctly, but I can to think about two points that you could check:

• some entries can be labeled as "favorites" (starred). Meanings: entries with "blue star" will be always on top.
    • since your experience is about upgrade(?) from F-Secure KEY to F-Secure ID Protection - maybe - there is a blend of storage structures. Thus, disordered view of some of the entries, although it shouldn't be.

I am experienced with the second point. Some entries were not about expected order (in a sense). Differences were between "old" entries and freshly added ones.

For example, if to re-create one of unexpectedly placed entry (the same name, password and so) - freshly created one, perhaps, will be with an expected place in your list.

Does your experience is about a lot of 'wrongly' placed entries?

Thanks!

• timskingle
    timskingle Posts: 2 New Member

Hi Ukko.

Thanks very much for replying to my question. I'm just a home user too. To be honest, this isn't stopping me using the application, it's just odd :-)

So, this is not due to some items being favourites. I have a few favourites, plus many others that are not. All the non-favourites in the top of the list, and none at the end of the list are non-favourites also.

As regards to the items being recently changed - also no. I've updated passwords recently on some of the items that appear at the top of the list and that doesn't change the sequence. Likewise I've not changed any details on items that appear on the bottom of the list.

I think this must be an internal thing (bug?) with the application as this does not appear on the Android App I already have installed on my mobile.

Maybe it's an artefact from upgrading between Key and ID Protection? Tomorrow maybe I'll try installing onto a different laptop without a pre-existing install of Key and see what happens.

Thanks again and have a great weekend. Stay Safe!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for your response!

I'm just a home user too. To be honest, this isn't stopping me using the application, it's just odd :-)

I just meant that my words will not reflect some kind of official position or very expert. :)

As regards to the items being recently changed - also no. I've updated passwords recently on some of the items that appear at the top of the list and that doesn't change the sequence. Likewise I've not changed any details on items that appear on the bottom of the list.

Right. Actually, I didn't mean "changed" or "updated" - but "created".

And your described situation with favourites is also close to my experience (at the time of "upgrade").

So,

Maybe it's an artefact from upgrading between Key and ID Protection? Tomorrow maybe I'll try installing onto a different laptop without a pre-existing install of Key and see what happens.

That is my suspicion. Or an explanation of such a disorder. In fact, I probably also "fixed" it by flow like: export entries (with this disorder), clean install (or just remove manually from application; or uninstall user-data), import entries back. Order was normal then (even by importing "exported" list with disorder).

Anyway, I suspect that during upgrade from KEY (or old installation) to ID Protection or with some else points - some entries might be strangely placed. Probably, with recent builds of ID Protection there already some improvements about its flow.

It just sounds that your described situation is close to my experience (at the time). And the only explanation I came up with was the "suggested" above. With inability to create this disorder manually by creating entries (even with the same name).

Thanks again and have a great weekend. Stay Safe!

Thanks a lot! Have a great weekend too. :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info