How to delete all quarantined apps

Christiyan
Christiyan Posts: 1 New Member
edited February 2021 in F-Secure Internet Security

How i can delete all quarantined applications i have?

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

It depends on many additional factors.

If your experience is about F-Secure software, then it is good to know which solution is being used.

For example, if it is F-Secure SAFE, then it is good to know what is your platform / OS.

If it is about Windows, then it is good to know about meanings of "delete all quarantined applications". Did you mean to delete/remove/clean it from Quarantine completely (in additional to already quarantined state from system)? Or something else like deleting items that are constantly being quarantined?

In any case, common words can be in the following form:

Latest F-Secure SAFE for Windows (17.9, released November 2020 ) with an ability to use next functionality: "The App and file control dialog allows you to select multiple items and perform operations on them."

So, need to open F-Secure SAFE main screen (F-Secure tray-picture logo click, or desktop logo doubleclick). Switch screen to "Tools" tab. Choose "App and file control". There should be visible list of quarantined items. You could select them by holding "Shift" (on keyboard) or "Ctrl" as with normal file system routine AND click needed items. Then to choose "Remove/delete" button.

The alternative way is to use F-Secure Uninstallation Tool. It is possible to download from there: Support tools | F-Secure (f-secure.com) (UNINSTALLATION TOOL FOR WINDOWS)

To run it and to choose "Choose what to delete" - where to choose "Files in Quarantine".

But, actually, good if you will back with more information about your certain setting / background of the ask.

Thanks!

• bobaron
    bobaron Posts: 1 New Member

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Thanks for answering!

• ABCD
    ABCD Posts: 3 New Member

This has been helpful

• AlexAlex77
    AlexAlex77 Posts: 1 New Member

So when I go to the quarantined items and I check the history, I there's only a details and allow button, there's no remove button, please help! I don't want to be affected with viruses!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

So when I go to the quarantined items and I check the history, I there's only a details and allow button, there's no remove button, please help! I don't want to be affected with viruses!

Actually, this was asked here (at least): How to delete quarantined items - Microsoft Community

Has nothing changed since a little over two years? :|

BUT if your situation and concern is about something honest, and / or about F-Secure solution - could you rephrase or clarify a little. What F-Secure solution in use, which platform. Ignoring the point above - your description does not sound like F-Secure SAFE quarantine; and I think that F-Secure quarantine (in most of solutions) is designed in such a way - that you should not be affected with any threat if it is quarantined already.

Thanks!

• chalessmith11
    chalessmith11 Posts: 7 Observer

Very informative information, after reading this i tried F-Secure Uninstallation Tool. It works fine. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info