Cannot activate F-Secure Safe 17.8.0114922 on Nexus 6P Android 8.1.0

When I start the app after download from Google Play Store I cannot accept the license conditions: the button "Accept and continue" does not react....

Answers

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hi @BenoitSvB

In your situation, the F-Secure Safe installation stuck at first stage so we would suggests you to try the steps from following links provided by google for android platforms.

• BenoitSvB
    BenoitSvB Posts: 3 New Member

Thank you for your suggestions; I regret that it did not solve the problem:

1. Play Store won’t open, load, or download apps

Play store DOES open and the app is downloaded.

2. Check & update your Android version

Although my nexus 6P with Android 8.1.0 is not the latest, it is the latest available for the device.

Hoping for more suggestions and eventually a solution!

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hi @BenoitSvB

This is something we need to check with our backend team. However, I can see that you have already raised a support ticket for the same issue and our support agent still waiting for a response from backend team. You will get a response from our support agent soon.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions). Just as a discussion between community users and maybe some workaround tries.

With my experience,  after the button "Accept and continue" - there are Permission requests dialog. My Android devices were about higher version than Android 8.1 (and I did not try with another devices). Maybe could you check whether your device are not about any setting or application that can to prevent it?

Alternatively, maybe you could try manually allow "permissions" under F-Secure SAFE settings before launch and check whether something will be after "Accept and continue" button or still not.

Or since F-Secure Support is already checking it - maybe just to wait their result.

Thanks!

• BenoitSvB
    BenoitSvB Posts: 3 New Member

@Ukko

Thank you for your reaction; indeed I tried to set the permissions directly though Android App Settings, but this did not change the behavior of the Accept and Continue button.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for your response and try!

Thank you for your reaction; indeed I tried to set the permissions directly though Android App Settings, but this did not change the behavior of the Accept and Continue button.

Well, sounds that only Support can properly assist.

Based on my checks (I also tried with Android version below 8): after "Accept and continue" and with granted permissions - there is a WebView (perhaps?!) with login page to F-Secure account. I tried to Google something, but it more like a random shooting. Anyway, there is one article: Android 8.0 Known Issue: WebView issue on work profile - Android Enterprise Help (google.com)

Just as a reference to look something. But I think that  if this article is somehow applied to your experience - then the trouble should not be limited only to F-Secure SAFE application.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info