No credential options available on any login form

Recently the Firefox Browser Extension stopped working properly: When I try to auto-fill my login credential, the extension only displays a grey blank box instead of a list of available credentials. This happens on all sites I try to log in to even though they all previously worked fine. I've repaired ID PROTECTION installation as well as re-installed my browser extension to no avail.

What to do to make it work again? It's cumbersome and risky to manually copy and paste passwords from the application itself.

Accepted Answer

Answers

• Lucaseuropa
    Lucaseuropa Posts: 301 Rock Star
    edited October 2020

Hello @ferçen and welcome to F-Secure Community!

I can confirm that the issue with F-Secure ID Protection browser autofill passwords drop-down list menu in Mozilla Firefox on Windows devices is being currently investigated internally.

I will keep you updated in this post.

In the meantime, you can try using another browser that is being supported. Please check this help page.

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 411 Rock Star
    edited October 2020

Exactly same happened to me also after firefox was updated to 82.0(64bit win 10).I got it working once after reinstalling the extension (which is not so straightforward operation btw).After that only grayed blank box in autofill..

• Lucaseuropa

Hi @JOnes

Yes, I do confirm that it's Firefox 82.0 that's problematic.

Should I have any update on that, I will keep you informed.

• JOnes

• FF 82.02

* grayed box still visible

• Lucaseuropa

Hey again @JOnes , thanks for your post! 👍️

This issue is being currently investigated by our team, I will keep you updated about the progress, don't worry 💪

Have a lovely Friday!

• Bhawks77
    Bhawks77 Posts: 5 Observer

Hello,

I have this same problem with firefox, please do inform us when you find solution this issue it is very annoying.

• Snaku
    Snaku Posts: 3 Observer

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with Firefox. ID Protection works perfectly with Chrome.

• taxet
    taxet Posts: 3 New Member

I also have the same issue, been going on for a while now. Just received updates to the extension (now version 5.0.17) and Firefox (83.0.3).

• K_P
    K_P Posts: 53 Enthusiast

Same issue with macOS version of Firefox 83.0.3 (64bit).

It's quite sad that F-Secure can not get ID Protections to work ok on computers (issues with general usability, and now this quite long standing issue with login auto-fill), as it has smooth cross-platform sync by default.

• JOnes
    • 14.11.2020 1625 EET
    • FF 82.03 (win 10 64bit,latest),ID-Protection 4.9.366,Password Manager extension 5.017
    • Login auto-fill feature not working,not even any reassuring explanation about this delay in fixing or feature discontinue,consumer customers allways "last in the priority queue",i guess....

• JOnes
    • 16.11.2020 11.30 EET:Happy to acknowledge, fix(password manager extension 5.025) works😀
  • K_P
    K_P Posts: 53 Enthusiast

Firefox version 83.0 and extension version 5.0.25 works on Mac side also 👍️ Had to manually update the extension.

Just add the touch-id support and it would be good 😃

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info