โ–ถ๏ธŽโ–ถ๏ธŽ ๐——๐—ข๐—จ๐—•๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—ฉ๐—ฃ๐—ก โ—€๏ธŽโ—€๏ธŽ ๐—ง๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—”๐—Ÿ With F-Secure Freedome VPN

Issues4Life
Issues4Life Posts: 88 Contributor

TESTING ENVIRONMENT:

MacOS laptop.

I'm using the GL-AR750S Travel Router.

The GL-AR750S Travel Router repeats a 2.4 GHz wifi signal from F-Secure's SENSE router and then creates it's own wireless network.

NOTE:

The GL-AR750S Travel Router has a pre-installed VPN server and client in both OpenVPN and WireGuard along with an "Internet Kill Switch" turned on.

TEST:

โช๐Ÿญโซ F-Secure's Freedome VPN encrypts my internet traffic data before it leaves my laptop.

โช๐Ÿฎโซ The GL-AR750S Travel Router then encrypts the encrypted F-Secure Freedome VPN internet traffic data, it received, via a WireGuard VPN provider of my choice.

โช๐Ÿฏโซ The GL-AR750S Travel Router sends the encrypted internet traffic data to the WireGuard VPN provider's server.

โช๐Ÿฐโซ The WireGuard VPN provider server decrypts the internet traffic data it received and then sends it to the F-Secure's Freedome VPN server.

โช๐Ÿฑโซ The F-Secure Freedome VPN server decrypts the internet traffic data it received from the WireGuard VPN provider server and then sends it to the final destination.

RESULTS:

So far, the trail seems to be working ...

"Ipleak.Net" verifies when I have turned F-Secure's Freedome VPN on or off.

In no case is my ISP DNS leaking.

QUESTIONS:

It is true that a โ–ถ๏ธŽโ–ถ๏ธŽ ๐——๐—ข๐—จ๐—•๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—ฉ๐—ฃ๐—ก โ—€๏ธŽโ—€๏ธŽ provides an additional layer of protection for your identity and privacy.

But some say itโ€™s overkill and they have a point.

While others believe it to be the next big thing in personal data privacy.

Personally, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

โช๐Ÿญโซ What does F-Secure say?

โช๐Ÿฎโซ Will F-Secure offer a โ–ถ๏ธŽโ–ถ๏ธŽ ๐——๐—ข๐—จ๐—•๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—ฉ๐—ฃ๐—ก โ—€๏ธŽโ—€๏ธŽ in the future?

โช๐Ÿฏโซ Will F-Secure offer a WireGuard version of its Freedome VPN?

Accepted Answer

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info