Will π™Žπ™‹π™Šπ™Šπ™π™„π™‰π™‚ my MAC Address enhance the protection I receive from F-Secure's Freedome VPN?

Issues4Life
Issues4Life Posts: 88 Contributor

BACKGROUND:

Some users prefer to hide the identity of their device behind a false MAC address in order to protect their privacy. One of the reasons some prefer a spoofed MAC address is because MAC addresses sent over public LAN or WLAN networks are usually unencrypted. So consequently, anyone on the network can then track which devices are registered in the network, read out their respective hardware addresses, and use them for illegal activities.

This is a controversy and a conversation I have run into from time to time. I do not believe spoofing my MAC Address will, in any way, enhance the protection I receive from F-Secure's Freedome VPN.

However ...

REQUEST AND QUESTION:

If I am wrong and spoofing or masking my MAC Address 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 enhance the protection I receive from F-Secure's Freedome VPN on my laptop, please let me know.

If I am right and and spoofing or masking my MAC Address 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 π™‰π™Šπ™ enhance the protection I receive from F-Secure's Freedome VPN on my laptop, please let me know. please let me know.

I'd like to know F-Secure's official position regarding the spoofing of MAC addresses and by giving me your answer here in writing, I can easily I share it with others.

Accepted Answer

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info