Internet Speed Drops When Freedome is Turned On

Options
System
System Posts: 131 Enthusiast
This discussion was created from comments split from: Freedome throttles when using torrents.

Comments

• MoonMilne
    MoonMilne Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Hi There,

I have been a Freedome (home) user for many years. I have always encountered speed throttling when it is turned on. It has been a bit of an inconvenience. However recently with COVID19 and working from home this has become an issue. To the point that despite the fact that I had to increase my ISP service to a higher speed (500Mbps) - with freedome the speed is a huge drop:(

My desktop is a direct connection to the my ISP modem via ethernet Cat7 cable.

Without Freedome Ookla speedtest results are : Download- 744.8Mbps and upload-21.66Mbps

with freedome turned on and connected to my local city - download-158.2Mbps and upload 19.63Mbps :( that is a 79% drop.

IS there a recommended remediation for this?

Appreciate your help.

Moon Milne

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi @MoonMilne

Sincere apologies on the speed issue you are facing when F-Secure Freedome VPN is turned on. Although a certain level of decrease in network speed is expected when using a VPN solution, however, 79% drop is absolutely too much to bear.

Do you face this issue on all your devices or just one? Have you tested other devices to see if the same persists? Do you have the latest version of Freedome and perhaps a reinstallation is required and might help ensure you have the latest version running?

Kindly try the steps provided on this KB article and let us know if we might need to investigate further for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info