When F-Secure FREEDOME VPN connection is on, my internet connection is very slow. With the connection off, connection and speed is normal.
A certain decrease in network speed is to be expected when running any VPN-solution due to the different way the web traffic is being handled. You can refer to the following community article for more information about this subject.
If the connection speed for some reason would crawl to a halt, you can try these steps:
If the issue continues, gather FREEDOME logs, and take speed tests with FREEDOME On, and Off, and contact our customer support.
- Resetting your network router.
- Try FREEDOME with a different network connection to make sure it is not a router issue.
- Try to temporarily disable any antivirus that you have running (for example Panda Security has been known to cause slowness in the FREEDOME VPN connection).
- Reinstall FREEDOME.
- On Windows do DNS flush.
- On Mac clear local DNS cache.
- Delete the existing WiFi profile, and re-connect to the network once again.
Article no: 000002395